Flower festival is the biggest event of Da Lat city. This event is held every two years in December - the best time of the year. This event took place first time in 2005 with a view to attracting more and more people coming to Da Lat and showcase thousands of beautiful flower types of the city. Let travel with us and find out some interesting things about Da Lat flower festival 2015.
1. Time and place
The 6th Da Lat flower festival 2015 with the theme ”DaLat - Colorful flower” is going to take place within 5 days from 12/30/2015 to 01/03/2015 in Da Lat city and some areas of Lam Dong province.
2. Special features of Da Lat flower festival
Being one of the biggest events of Lam Dong province, flower festival is always attached special importance to organizing. According to the estimation, there are going to be 8 main exclusive programs in the event:
- Flower garden: Flower garden is organized at the area around Xuan Huong Lake from 12/30/2015 to 01/03/2016 with a number of flower displays and competitions. These displays will remain during the time of festival so that tourists can make the most of contemplating and admiring the beauty of Flower garden.
Photo by openchoi.net
- Da Lat bonsai exhibition: This activity takes place in the flower garden of Da Lat city, which lasts from 12/30/2015 to 01/03/2016. Da Lat bonsai exhibition not only attracts a large number of domestic organizers those who specialize in flower production and business but also draw attraction of several foreign businesses.
- The opening ceremony of 6th Da Lat festival 2015: The opening ceremony of Da Lat flower festival will be organized at 8p.m on 12/30/2015 at Lam Vien square. This impressed ceremony includes many absorbing programs such as opening event, special artistic program, and Da Lat Flower Carnaval parade.
- Da Lat Flower Carnaval: This is a captivating activity taking place from 12/30/2015 to 01/03/2016. The parade includes several carriage decorated with flowers, groups of street artistic performance, amusing cosplayers and appealing activities.
Photo by Lam Vo
- Vegetable and flower market day: This market day is held on Nguyen Van Cu street and Nguyen Thi Minh Khai street from 12/30/2015 to 01/03/2016. It contains flower and vegetable artistic exhibition, the introduction and making a contract of Da Lat flower and vegetables.
- Da Lat tea, coffee, and wine street: This activity will be held at Lam Vien square from 12/30/2015 to 01/03/2016. It aims to introduce and advertise the brands of Da Lat wine, tea, and coffee.
- Garden of calligraphy, painting and photography of Da Lat flowers: It will take place from 12/30/2015 to 01/03/2016 at Xuan Huong park, Da Lat. People will have chance to perceive unique calligraphy, painting and photography performances
Besides, Da Lat flower festival 2015 also organizes the scientific seminar with the subject about flowers at 2p.m on 12/31/2015 at Sai Gon hotel, Da Lat. This activity target at introducing to the domestic and oversea marketers about Da Lat flower varieties.
In addition, Da Lat flower festival 2015 also has many other engaging programs like flower garden at some residential areas, flower tour, architecture, flower landscapes competition, flower Sundays, fair trade and Lam Dong tourism advertisements, etc. It promises to be an entrancing event to both locals and travelers.
3. How to get to Da Lat
- Airplane: At present Vietnam Airlines and Vietjetair offer many nonstop flights from Ha Noi, Da Nang or Ho Chi Minh city to Lien Khuong airport Da Lat. The ticket price is from 900,000vnd - 1,600,000vnd. It takes about 1 hour and a half to fly off to Da Lat.
Photo by vi.wikipedia.org
From Lien Khuong airport, you can use transit bus service to get to the city center and the bus usually stops at Hang Khong hotel that is located on Pasteur street (near Xuan Huong Lake). This service costs 50,000 VND. Or you can get to the city center by taxi and it costs about 300,000vnd.
- Tourist bus: Phuong Trang and Thanh Buoi are names of two popular business that offer Ho Chi Minh city - Da Lat routes. The price of a normal seat is from 20,000vnd and for a berth seat is 240,000 VND and the bus is available every 30 minutes or an hour.
Photo by http://www.hanoitoserco.com.vn/
4. Accommodation in Da Lat
Normally, hotels near the city center like Xuan Huong lake or Da Lat market are usually more expensive than hostels and guesthouse a bit far from city center. Though they are not close to the city center, they are equipped needed facilities and have cheaper prices. Therefore, if you can choose to stay at these places, you can save a lot of money. Moreover, Da Lat is always in out of room situation in national holidays, special festivals or lunar New Year, you should make a reservation in advance.
Let take some days off at the end of the year and travel to Da Lat to experience the biggest and most beautiful event in this land.