Summary of our Danang- Hoi An- Hue 6 Days Experiences
- Date of Tour : 26/4– 1/5/ 2015
- Day spent: 6 days
- No of travelers: 4 adults (friends)
- Estimated cost: 705 USD per person including returned flight
- Number of places visited: 24 places
- Number of cities visited: 03 (Da Nang, Hue, Hoi An)
- Airline: Jetstart (Singapore- Ho Chi Minh- Da Nang)
- Plan link: http://justgola.com/plan/a-wonderful-trip-to-da-nang-16230
Photo by hvtravel.com
1. Where We’ve Been
(For Detailed Itineraries, Scroll Below)
- Day 1 – Da Nang International Airport, Grand Mango Hotel,Bun cha ca, Con Market (ChợCồn), Da Nang Sea Food Trail, Grand Mango Hotel
Photo by Andre tbsfilms
- Day 2 – Good Morning Da Nang, My quang restaurant 1A, Hai Van Pass and Lang Co Beach Tour, Dac san Tran – Tran Restaurant, Draft Beer Restaurant & Bar
Photo by Anh Dinh
- Day 3 – Long Coffee, Son Tra Peninsula Discover Tour Be thuicauMongba Ngoc – Madam Ngoc’s rare veal., Marble mountain & Cham museum, A la carte rooftop Bar
Photo by Jeroen van Luin
- Day 4 – Cong Cafe, My Son Sanctuary from Da Nang, Hoi An - Ancient Town Walking, KyEm restaurant, Vertigo Bar
- Day 5 – Madame Lan Restaurant, Madame Lan Restaurant, Hue City Tour from Da Nang
- Day 6: Cham Island Speed Boat, Da Nang International Airport
Photo by Panagiotis Papadopoulos
2. Top Favorite Places and Activities
These are the highlights of our trips.
- Da Nang Sea Food Trail
- Dac san Tran – Tran Restaurant
- Marble mountain & Cham museum
- Hoi An - Ancient Town Walking
- Da Nang Street Food Tour
- Hue City Tour from Da Nang
- A la carte rooftop Bar
3. Transport in Danang- Cost of Transports
Taxi was our favorite transport during our travel in Danang city because it's very cheap here. Metered taxis are available for cheap price. The most popular taxi companies are Mai Linh and Taxi Xanh. Drivers are very friendly and helpful.
- Mai Linh (0511-356-5656)
- Taxi Xanh ((0511-368-6868).
- Fair: 15,000 VND per kilometer
- Da Nang airport - Da Nang center: 50,000 VND – 80,000 VND
Photo by https://sites.google.com
By motorbike rentals
If you are confident enough to ride a motorbike in such a busy city, it's a great way to explore Danang. Driving to admire beautiful bridges at night was a memorable experience.
On day 4, we need a good motorbike to travel from Danang to Hoi An, we are recommended a very good motorbike rental company.
- Than ThienNhan Ltd. Co.,
- Address: 69 Phan ThucDuyen (turning from 100 Nguyen Van Thoai, near beach T20).
- Telephone: 0905.0717.98. (SMS preferred)
- Daily rates are approximately 120,000 VND
- The distance is approximately 28 km and it takes us about 45 minutes.
There are also many other transports to travel to Hoi An that you may want to know:
By private car: The distance from Da Nang Airport to Hoi An is 30 km. It takes about 30 mins for transfer from Da Nang Airport to get Hoi An. The price for transfer service is 17.00 USD. Booked with Hoianfoodtour.com
By bus: Alternatively, you may walk out from the station either straight next big street (Le Duan Street, in front of #287, less than 5mn walk. Bus rides eastwards, to the left). You should be able to see a bus stop for a yellow-coloured bus #1 - Da Nang - Hoi An on opposite side of the road. The fare is 20,000d. However, foreigners are routinely charged 50,000d on this route, and sometimes extra for luggage.
Photo by http://www.baodanang.vn/
4. WHERE TO NEXT?
A number of towns also in the central part of Vietnam are convenient to get to from Da Nang
5.Tips on Travel In Danang
Da Nang is the world of beautiful bridges. You can enjoy the view from ThuanPhuoc bridges, experience local life from Han river bridge, or a wonderful design- Dragon bridge where you can see the bridge breath fire and water every Saturday and Sunday night (at 9.00 pm). You should not ride a motorbike on Han river bridge in rush hours (5.00 pm – 6.00pm), it’s really busy.
Bach Dang street would be the most beautiful and interesting street in Da Nang. Along this street, you can visit Cham museum, Han market, 3 famous bridges (Han river bridge, Dragon bridge, Tran Thi Ly street). Many local activities happen on this street. There are many places for hanging out as local coconut juice shops and bars, pubs…
Photo by Khoi Tran
Da Nang is also a great combination between River, Beaches and mountains, springs... Coming to Da Nang, you will have opportunities to enjoy the beautiful scenery such as Ngu Hanh Son, Ba Na, Son Tra peninsula, Hai Van pass, beaches and many historical relics.
You should be careful when crossing the street, be aware for rush hours as 7.00 am or 5.00 pm. Riding a bicycle around the city is not a great idea, but you can ride along the beaches or Han river.
Da Nang is also a wonderful place for food. There are many kinds of delicious food there. You can book a food tour (especially food tour by motorbike if you are not scared of motorbikes that you not only try various food, also it’s agreat way for sightseeing). Or you can discover yourself or check our Top Food in Da Nang (Link)
Enjoy coffee in Da Nang is a thing you should not forget to do. There are many coffee shops around Da Nang from 8,000 vnd to 30,000 vnd depending on the quality of coffee and its location. You could choose a coffee shop nearby the river or on a busy street to enjoy the local life.
When you enter the church, temple or any other holy or spiritual place you should dress smartly and modestly. You should cover your breast, legs and arms as most of locals are very conservative.
When you walk around the bridges, Bach Dang or Tran Hung Dao street and young students come to you and ask if you can talk a bit in English with them. Don’t be afraid, spend some time with them and talk about your traveling, your life in your home country. You may help them a lot in their English learning and they will tell you more about Danang culture and people in return.
ATM in Da Nang .There are plenty of ATM’s that open 24 hours in Da Nang. Vietcombank is the most common ATM service and accepts nearly all overseas cards. Other banks will accept cards depending on their alliances within Vietnam. Most of the ATMs have a limit of 2 million VND ($100) at one time but there are also ATMs where you can take out 5 million dong (around180 Euro). You are charged a 20,000 VND fee per withdrawal. If you want to withdraw a larger amount, you can go to the counter in any of the banks in Hoi An. There you can withdraw the maximum amount allowed by your visa card in your home country.
Photo by thinkpanama
Tips: It’s worth remembering that in terms of day-to-day expenses, $US100 goes a long way in Vietnam. Also, it is not advisable to carry large amounts of cash with you. Foreign tourists’ wallets and purses are a prime target for the packs of pickpockets; experts at all of the sleight-of-hand tricks of their nefarious trade.
List ATM’s in Da Nang here
6. Cost of Accommodation
Accommodation is inexpensive in Danang. You have many choices from 1-5 star hotel, hostels, homestay, rooms for rent. Agoda or booking.com is really useful to check good hotel with a cheap price.
Grand Mango Hotel
We stayed at Grand Mango Hotel Danang and it's our best decision. We would like to recommend it to you for the following reasons:
- The staff was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was really variety.
- The hotel closed the beach and not too far from city center.
- The room had a very nice sea view with good furniture,
- Internet access was very fast
- The area around hotel had plenty of kind of food: western, vietnamese food, and great seafood
Budget hotels in Da Nang
- Nguyen hotel -this hotel offers a good quality of rooms and especially it is near My Khe beach with the price is from 250.000-450.000vnd.
- Address: Nguyễn Hotel: 38-–39 area no.387 MỹKhê beach, NgũHànhSơn, ĐàNẵng, Việt Nam.
- Tel: 0905.30.40.50 talk to Mr.Truong, he is a very friendly person so you can ask him about Da Nang traveling experiences, the most beautiful destinations in Da Nang or even about motorbike renting service
Thanh Nhan Hotel
- Address: 227 Nguyen Van Thoai, tel: 0935.139.979 talk to mr.khoa. This hotel is just 50m away from My Khe beach and it is a new hotel so the rooms are still in good condition and the owner usually offer many discount programs for customers so you can book room here which may cost only from 280.000-380.00vnd a room per night.
Phung Hoang Hotel
- This is a hotel located in the city centre that offer good service with a low price ( about 250.000vnd per night for a room) and it is also near the airport so it’s pretty convenient for you to moving around. Address: 251 Nguyen HuuTho. Tel: 0988.007.001
- You can choose to stay in some hotel near My Khe beach or Pham Van Dong beach so that you can walk down to the beach everywhen you want.
- Besides, hotels near Han river are also great and it usually costs less money than staying near the beaches.
- The price for one night is from 20$-1000$ depends on which hotels or resorts you chose.
- There are several beautiful resorts near beaches like Furama, Inter Continental, Fusion Maia, Furama, Hyatt, Crown Plaza, Life Style, Ocean Villas.
We love Danang food. Danang is really a heaven of foodies with lots of specialties at very cheap price. Comming to Danang, you don't miss Quang Noodle, Banh Trang Cuon Thit Heo, and Bun Cha Ca. They are all Danang great specialties that must be eaten once in your lifetime.
The best place to enjoy My Quang is Mi Quang Ba Mua. There are many options for you to choose as noodle with beef, chicken, pork, shrimp, snakehead fish or eel. What makes this dish stand out is the broth which contains flavor of main ingredients as beef, chicken or fish and fresh vegetables. Quang noodle is served with lime, green chilies and rice cracker to enhance its taste.
Banh Trang Cuon Thit Heo
Tran restaurant is well-known in Da Nang mostly for its banh trang cuon thit heo – a dish of pork and vegetables wrapped in rice paper
Bun Cha Ca
Local people have it for breakfast, lunch and even dinner. As Da Nang is a seaside city, it ensures to meet the demand of locals for the freshest seafood. This is why the fish cake for Bun cha ca is always in the best condition.
8. Shopping in Da Nang
We bought Tre Ba De and Cha Bo as gifts for friends and family. They were simple but very delicious. These are many famous goods you can buy to bring home.
1. Tre Ba De
2. Kho Me cake – Cam Le sesame cake
3. Nam O fish sauce
4. Cha bo – Beef roll
5. My Khe seaweed
For more information about what it is and where to go, you can visit this blog What to buy?
9. Unique Things to do in Da Nang
Photo by danangz
Free things to do in Danang:
Danang offers very many free things to do. You can discover it yourselves or take part in a tour.
1. Chessboard peak
2. Linh Ung pagoda
3. Da Nang international fireworks festival
4. Dragon Bridge
5. Marble Mountain Sculpture Village
For more information about these activites, you can visit this blog Travel in budget? Free things to do in Da Nang
10. Itinerary: A wonderful trip to Da Nang
DAY 1 – ITINERARY
Cam Le, Da Nang, Viet Nam
Da Nang International Airport is the third international airport in the country and is an important gateway to access central Vietnam.
Photo by Jetstar Pacific Airlines
- Da Nang Airport is only 5km away from the city center and 8km from the beach resort areas. Taxis are currently the most convenient way to get from the airport to downtown area. You can flag one off as you exit the airport. Taxi rate is about $5 to hotels in downtown Danang and $8 to beach front resorts.
- The airport also has free wifi which makes waiting there more comfortable
- Pickup a taxi to Grand Mango Hotel 15 mins7.21 km
Add: 60 An Thượng 1, Mỹ An
- Grand Mango Hotel is located at 60 An Thượng 1, Mỹ An, Da Nang, Vietnam
- The hotel close the beach and not too far from city center.
- We are warmly welcomed the super staff, they treated us very well. The front girls are very nice and friendly with useful information
- The area around hotel has plenty of kind of food: western, vietnamese food, seafood is very delicious.
- The room is very clean and its bed is comfort.
- It’ s a great place for singles, couples who just want to hang out close to the beach and chill.
- Pickup a taxi to Bun cha ca10 mins 5.61 km
13:00: Bun cha ca
Add: 109 Nguyen Chi Thanh Street, Da Nang, Viet Nam1.0 (USD)
Bun cha ca 109 Nguyen Chi Thanh has the tradition of making bun cha ca in more than 40 years and is the best place to enjoy bun cha ca in Da Nang.
Photo by Cathy Danh
- Just 30,000 vnd for a special bowl of 'Bun cha ca', which was full of 'cha ca' (fish pie), that was one of the best meals in my life, the soup was excellent.
- This restaurant is full of local Da Nang people because of its price and delicious taste.
- Staffs cannot speak English
- Pickup a taxi to Con Market (ChợCồn)5 mins 1.48 km
14:45 Con Market (ChợCồn)
Add: 270 ÔngÍchKhiêm, HảiChâu 2, Q. HảiChâu, ĐàNẵng, Việt Nam
Con Market is a fantastic place which offers a variety of goods for you to buy and a good chance to interact with locals.
- It is located near the city centre, easy to access by local bus. Near BigC and Parkson.
- Con market are very clean & neat with many choices of dried food, vegetable, fruits and many local food staffs.
- highly recommend people to go there if they are interested on explore the daily lives of Danangpeoole.
- Many stalls selling dried goods on the first level, and many stalls that provides tailor services on the second level.
- Pickup a taxi to Da Nang Sea Food Trail 5 mins 2.51 km
16:30: Da Nang Sea Food Trail
Add: 17 BạchĐằng Street, Da Nang City, Viet Nam
Da Nang Seafood Trail is a true culinary adventure along the beautiful west coast of Vietnam, allowing you to sample mouth-watering fresh seafood. You will explore some of the most spectacular coastal scenery Vietnam has to offer
Photo by haisananhty
All of the food was excellent and most of the dishes were ones I had not tried before.
- Tour guide were fun, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and professional; spoke very good English, and friendly throughout.
- Tour guide drop off at Grand Mango Hotel10 mins 6.3 km
20:45: Back to hotel Grand Mango Hotel
60 An Thượng 1, Mỹ An
DAY 2 – ITINERARY
05:30: Good Morning Da Nang
Add: 17 BạchĐằng Street, Da Nang City, Viet Nam 25.0 (USD)
If you love photography and want to experience a REAL Da Nang’s life (without tourists), Good Morning Da Nang is a must do.
- Walk to My quang restaurant 1A 40 mins 3.34 km
11:15: My quang restaurant 1A
Add: 1 Hai Phong Street, Hai Chau District, Da Nang, Viet Nam1.0 (USD)
My quang restaurant 1A is the most well-known restaurant for Quang Noodle in Da Nang with over 15 years of experience.
Photo by cinet.vn
- There is an English and Vietnamese menu and it's pretty straight forward.
- For beginners try mi quang tom thit (prawns and pork)
- There are a couple other dishes but it's more or less a matter of deciding what you want on your mi quang
Take a tour to Hai Van Pass and Lang Co Beach Tour10 mins3.88 km
Hai Van Pass & Lang Co Beach Tour is not only the ideal tourist destination for adventurous travelers in Vietnam
Photo by Ee Shawn
- The scenery is breathtaking, especially along the Hai Van Pass.
- Do NOT go through the tunnel (you miss out on the amazing views).
- Pickup a taxi to Dac san Tran – Tran Restaurant5 mins 0.92 km
18:45: Dinner at Dac san Tran – Tran Restaurant
Đặc SảnĐàNẵngTrần 4 4, LêDuẩn, Q. HảiChâu, Tp. ĐàNẵng Vietnam4.0 United States Dollar (USD)
Tran restaurant is the best places for local people and visitors to enjoy the city’s delicious speciality dishes in Da Nang
Photo by kenh14.vn
- It's busy and full of locals
- How to eat: You grab a dry rice paper and stick a damp piece of rice noodle to it. Fill with fresh herbs and condiments and add your pork then roll it up and you're ready to dip.
- Price was about $5 a person x 3.
- Just a WARNING to tourists the dipping sauce on our plate was extremely spicy with a lot of chili. We asked for another with more sugar added but was still hot. Try asking for a dipping sauce with no chili and you should be fine.
- Saigon coffee is fabulous! You must have a try!
- Veggies so fresh, meat tasty and sauce sweet and spicy.
- Also, you should try the noodles (MiQuang) as well
- Pickup a taxi to Draft Beer Restaurant & Bar 5 mins 2.29 km
20:00: Drink at Draft Beer Restaurant & Bar
Pham Van Dong, Danang, Vietnam20.0 (USD)
DRAFT BEER, with completely open design (two front) and located near the marine park, Pham Van Dong, is the right place for you to organize gatherings of friends, the family.
Photo by DRAFT BEER
- With a wide variety of food to choose from and a English translated menu makes Draft Beer very welcoming for Tourist staying in Danang
- This beer garden has 2 branches in Danang, the first one is located near the beach (Pham Van Dong - Ho Nghinh crossroads), the other is located near Dragon Bridge and Cham Museum
- Food is good, atmosphere even better
DAY 3 – ITINERARY
07:00: Long Coffee
Add: 123 Le Loi Street, Ha Chau District, Da Nang, Viet Nam0.5 (USD)
Long Coffee is a local coffee shop that attracts hundreds of people per day. Its high quality coffee set Long coffee apart from others.
Photo by Khánh Hmoong
- Pickup a taxi to Son Tra Peninsula Discover Tour 10 mins3.7 km
Add: ĐàNẵng, Vietnam
Son Tra Peninsula is also known as American called Monkey Mountain, which Da Nang reaching out the East Sea furthest.
Photo by Panagiotis Papadopoulos
- Do not miss the Buddhist temple complex -- absolutely fabulous!
- It is good to do the round trip on a scooter. This is by far the best way of reaching the mountain.
- There're toltally 6 destinations for you to explore: Monkey mountain, chopper airport, chess-board peak, thousand ages banian tree, rocky shore and Linh Ung pagoda are must-see destinations.
- Pickup a taxi to BethuicauMongba Ngoc – Madam Ngoc’s rare veal. 10 mins4.79 km
12:30: Lunch at BethuicauMongba Ngoc – Madam Ngoc’s rare veal.
BêThuiCầuMống Bà Ngọc 228 ĐốngĐa, Thạch Thang Thạch Thang ĐàNẵng Vietnam4.0 (USD)
Be thuicauMongba Ngoc – Madam Ngoc’s rare veal is the best place in Da Nang enjoy rare veal.
Photo by dulichdanang123
- Pickup a taxi to Marble mountain & Cham museum10 mins2.87 km
13:45: Tour to Marble mountain & Cham museum
Da Nang , Viet Nam
Marble Mountains, also referred to as Ngu Hanh Son or Mountains of the Five Elements. The Cham Museum was built in 1915 with the financial support of the French Far-East Research Institute in Vietnam.
Photo by Howard
- Buy a bottle of water and start the climb
- There are unofficial guides at the top in the caves that try to get you to go through a small area in the cave then ask for a fee
- Take some decent shoes with you as flip flops or bare feet will not make it enjoyable..
- It is worth it to pay extra for the lift up and take a walk down as it is pretty steep.
- The temples and caves with statues carved right out of the rocks are amazing.
- Our tour spoke very good English and really made sure we learned the history behind this place in a friendly and fun way.
- The mountain is so nice with cave and pagoda, especially marble village with many statues. The atmosphere is very fresh and really nice view look down to the ocean.
- Pickup a taxi to A la carte rooftop Bar 5 mins3.19 km
18:00: Drink coffee and watch sunset at A la carte rooftop Bar
Corner of Vo Nguyen Giap Street & Duong DinhNghe Street SơnTràĐàNẵngViệt Nam8.0 (USD)
A La carte rooftop bar with comfortable Lounge era and Swimming pool makes it become a great place to enjoy any moment of the day.
Photo by http://alacarteliving.com/
- The roof-top bar overlooks the small infinity pool – Vietnam's highest pool – and provides a dramatic setting for cocktails whilst you lounge in a daybed and enjoy the magnificent views over the ocean. If you long to feel the sand between your toes then you can cross the road to reach the beach where you can hire sunloungers and parasols. Come to A la carte rooftop bar and chill out at Vietnam’s first rooftop infinity pool and amazing rooftop lounge. For relaxing moment, À La Carte Da Nang Beach is the perfect spot for you.
- Very happy with our food and really enjoyed having a few drinks as the sun set over Da Nang. Definitely worth a visit!
DAY 4 – ITINERARY
06:00: Cong Cafe
96 - 98 BạchĐằng, Quận HảiChâu, Đà Nẵng1.0 United States Dollar (USD)
Cong Cafe is situated on the bank of river on Bach Dang street.It is an design unique coffee shop in Da Nang which was inspired by communist style before 70s.
Photo by http://ngoisao.net/
- Pickup a taxi to My Son Sanctuary from Da Nang10 mins3.87 km
08:00: Tour to My Son Sanctuary from Da Nang
Da Nang, Vietnam
Our guide will pick up you at your hotel and depart to My Son, one of the most important sites of the ancient kingdom of Champa. Located in the heart of a beautiful valley and surrounded by high mountains ranges, My Son is one of the most stunning sights to see in Central Viet Nam and only around 80
Photo by Andrea Schaffer
- Wear cool clothes, it's very hot here.
- The drive to this place is also worth a stop to enjoy. Great small shops and pretty houses:)
- Walk to Hoi An - Ancient Town Walking0.01 km
13:00: Transfer to Hoi An - Ancient Town Walking
Da Nang, Vietnam
Our guide will pick you up at your hotel and transfer to Hoi An town. Exploring Hoi An on foot is one of the best ways to absorb the beauty of this city
.Photo by An Dinh
- Pickup a taxi to KyEm restaurant 15 mins11.78 km
18:00: Sea Food dinner at KyEm restaurant
43 Ho Nghinh, Phuoc My, Son Tra, Da Nang9.0 United States Dollar (USD)
KyEm restaurant is a lovely seafood restaurant at Ho Nghinh Street. It serves good grilled squid, clam in clay pot and seafood hot pot.
- Pickup a taxi to Vertigo Bar 15 mins 9.56 km
20:30: Vertigo Bar
48 An Thuong 1, My An Ward Ngu Hanh Son, Danang, Việt Nam5.0 (USD)
Vertigo offers guests the ultimate refreshing drinks and intoxicating view, all in a chic and modern ambience. Gaze at the illuminated skyline while listening to chill and upbeat music.
Photo by Vertigo bar
DAY 5 – ITINERARY
06:00: Madame Lan Restaurant
Madam Lan, 4 Bach Dang street, Thanh Khe ward, Da Nang, Viet Nam2.0 (USD)
Madame Lan Restaurant is one of the best Vietnamese restaurants in Danang serving traditional food with diversified menu of dishes in a perfect setting.
Photo by http://www.madamelan.com/
The menu is extensive and focuses on traditional Vietnamese food. I have tried and few of the dishes and especially recommend the My Quang and the pork skewers. The highlight of Madame Lan is the setting. This place is good for a nice meal out or even suitable as a date venue. The lighting at night is wonderful.
- The waiters or waitresses did not speak much English. The service varied depending on who served. Some were friendly and attentive even they did not speak good English.
- Must try dishes: The rice paper roll dish , with green vegetables, fried scrambled eggs and shrimps.
- Pickup a taxi to Da Nang Street Food Tour 15 mins4.96 km
Discover the ancient world of emperors under Nguyen dynasty and this city also well know for one of World Cultural Heritage Site in Viet Nam
Photo by Darrell Nieberding
Drive from Danang to Hue city via the spectacular Hai Van pass. This drive is considered one of the most beautiful in Vietnam and takes you through a combination of both rural and coastal settings.
20.00: Sky 36
Sky Bar 36, situated on the rooftop of Novotel Hotel has become the highest bar in Viet Nam. This bar is where you can chill out with your friends and partners.It is the same concept as the Chill Skybar in Ho Chi Minh City but the inside area is a real night club with a dance floor.
Photo by Sky 36
- We had a cocktail each for 150000 dong, they were lovely and the staff were very helpful.
- You can choose to have a seat outside with great view or book a table with dance floor inside. I
- It offer the best panoramic view of Danang
DAY 6– ITINERARY
07.30: Cham Island Speed Boat
- Pick up from hotel
Photo by Panagiotis Papadopoulos
- Take taxi at 5 usd
Trip Expense: 705 USD
- Return flight ticket: Singapore- Ho Chi Minh- Da Nang: 300 USD
- Hotels 6 nights: 90 USD
- Food, shopping: 35 USD
- Tours, activities: 280 USD
Plan your trip with: http://justgola.com/
Are you going to visit Sapa? Let's see all these suggestions:
PLAN A TRIP TO SAPA with Justgola now!