Vung Tau is not also well-known for its amazing beaches but alsofor decent food, especially fresh seafood. The place leaves tourists such an unforgettable experience that once they come to there, they will definitely come back.
In summer vacation orweekend holiday, Vung Tau catches a large amount of visitors from locals and tourists alike, especially tourists from Ho Chi Minh City. They arrive in Vung Tau not only for its beauty, but also to enjoy seafood and local dishes, including the famous Khot Cake. Here is some information about good restaurants in Vung Tau and its specialties.
Pho Binh Restaurant on Truong Cong Dinh (near Nguyen Du Street): The food is quite tasty and the restaurant is very crowded.
Photo by ssTrieu
- Nghiep Ky Noodle whose owner often rise the noodle up (about 1.5 m) whenever he reprocess his food, which looks pretty fun. Address: 127 Ba Cu, near Vung Tau beach front, at price of 35,000 VND / bowl.
- Pho Quyen is located on Thong Nhat Street near Vung Tau Church. Pho Huynh is located on Doi Can Street. Pho Manh is located near the monument of martyrs (delicious taste of the North), price: 30000-35000 VND / bowl.
- Many noodle and Banh Canh food stalls on Ba Trieu Street. Noodles and Banh Canh there are muchbetter than in Sai Gon.
- Hue beef noodle soup or fish noodle soup is served at Soi Restaurant located on Truong Cong Dinh Street. It offers very tasty soups atprice of 35,000 VND / bowl
- If you like rolls and vermicelli dishes with duck and ell, go to Hoang Van Thu street where you can find a restaurant selling very tasty and cheap ones at VND25,000 / bowl, rolls: 20,000 / plate.
- You can enjoy Bun Cha Ho Tay (Westlake) at Ho Tay 1 Restaurant on Le Lai Street or Ho Tay 2 Restaurant on extended Nguyen Tri Phuong Street, price of 35,000 dong / productivity.
- There is a bread stall on Do Chieu - Ly Thuong Kiet Corner (no name), Owner’s name is called Yen. This stall is only open in the evening (18-24h). The placeserve bread and sticky.
- The sauce and pate here are very good. It’s very crowded that you have to wait quite long.
- If you travel with children, you can buy Dinh Anporridge: from 15,000 VND to 25,000 VND / bowl. You can find it on Ba Cu – Ly Thuong Kiet crossroad. The small roadside shop is slightly dark but is very crowed. Price is at 25,000 VND / bowl.
- Black pudding( Lòng Lợn) can be found at Tuan restaurant on Dong Khoi Street (near Le Lai Street).
2. Lunch and dinner
Photo by Katatonic
- Com Nieu Hoa Sua is at 569 / 19A Nguyen An Ninh Street.
- Phu Vinh Rice Restaurant isat 10 Ly Tu Trong Street.
- Nha La Restaurant is located on Nguyen An Ninh Street.The food is pretty good and the price is very affordable.
- Tre Restaurant is on Bai Dau Beach (take the Ha Long road along the coast)
- Ganh Hao is on Bai Dua Beach. The view is great, the priceis not too expensive. Ganh Hao 1 Restaurant: good food, big portion, nice staff, a litle busy, fun atmosphere. Hao Ganh 2 Restaurant is at Underground Pier
- Sunflower (Huong Duong) Broken Rice is on Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street
- You can have an office Lunch at Soi Restauranton Truong Cong Dinh Street.
- People often have dinner in many restaurants onDo Chieu Street. You can choose rice, noodles, soup, dove porridge, pennywort juice, green beans soup, fruit smoothies and so on.
Ray and Frog Hotpot can be found on46 Truong Cong Dinh Street (stir- fried frog or stir-fried stingray with lemongrass).Tran Restaurantat 7 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street offers stingrays hot pot and fried ray with tamarind fish sauce, which is very good food at very cheap price
Fish head hot pot at Bay Giai Restaurant on Hoang Hoa Tham Street is invery big portion with delicious fish cake.
Photo by Kevin Lau
Photo by http://media.vietq.vn/
- Dove Porridge is at 56 Chieu Street.
- AlibabaCream and green beans pennywort is available on Do Chieu Street
- Cream and smoothies are famous at A Khen food shop on Do Chieu Street. The cakes here are also very good at reasonable price.
- If you like Russian-style grilled dishes, pork chop skewer, fragrant large pieces of meat are served with salad and fried Russia potato chips, you can enjoy them atViet Nga restaurant or Vuon Bang restaurant at 37/4 Nguyen Thai Bang Street
- Salted egg cake is served at Goc Cot Dien food stall at 17B Nguyen Truong Street.
Photo by phutrinh
- Ha Long Restaurant is on Co Bac Street.
- Goat Meat – Goat hot pot at Hung Restaurant on Ton That Tung Street is very high quality
- You can try more at Tam Restaurant on Binh Gia Street. The place is rather crowded. Its downside is being located in the alley without parking space for cars.
- Boar meat can be found atThanh Hang Restaurant on Thong Nhat Street (new road 51B)
- Sai Gon Steamed chicken with lemon can be found on Chu Manh Trinh Street.
- Buffalo meat is served at Phuong Nam Restaurant on Binh Gia Street near many lakes and the intersection of Binh Gia - Nguyen An Ninh. The place is famous for its pancreas buffalo fried with star fruit, which is an extremely popular dish of drinkers.
6. Khot Cake – Vung Tau’s specialty.
In addition to these dishes, Vung Tau is well-known for Khot cake specialty. Speaking of delicious Khot Cake, we have to mention Ms. Hai Restaurant. Cakes here are not used much oil, not as big as of Goc Cay Vu Sua Restaurantwith smaller 2 or 3 shrimps but it’s very brittle. Especially, the delicious taste of the four mix well with the fish sauce and little sour foods. The shop often closes on the first day and the 14th day of every month (Full- moon). On the weekend, it’s always crowded. You should avoid getting there or arriving before 7pm otherwise you have to wait for a while.
Photo by Alpha
Then you can go to Goc Cay Vu Sua Khot Cake Shop. Address: 14 Nguyen Truong To Street, Vung Tau City. Price: about 35,000 dong /8 units.
Banh Khot Cay Da: It’s near Vung Tau Church and Vung Tau Secondary School, located at 21 Ly Thuong Kiet. The shop is located along with other junk food shops as coconut water shop, dried beef shops, which is very convenient for tourist to choose. Fried cake is less oil, shrimp is at medium size, vegetables are plentiful. If you want to eat “Tôm Chà” (shrimp), you shouldremind the owners.
7. Things bought as gift
You can buy seafood as a gift at Phung San Seafood stall and Thanh Phat Stall along Ha Long Road to TranPhu Street.