Phở (Beef Noodle Soup)
Phở has been cooked for decades and it’s not only an emblem of Hanoi but also of Vietnam. People are charmed by sweet and pure taste of its sauce together with some tender pieces of beef or chicken. The strings of rice noodle which is totally handmade also brighten the unique of this dish.
Classic pho has four ingredients: clear stock, quickly boiled beef, rice noodles and herbs or green onions. While every shop has its own secret recipe, few tinker with the rest of the preparation.
Travelers can also try Pho at small shops along the streets. Just go down streets in the morning and look for a place that you see a crowded of local people gathering around having Pho as their breakfast. Phở is truly an amazing breakfast treat that will not break your bank.
Photo by Khanh Hmoong
Where to eat Pho in Hanoi
- Pho Bat Dan at 49 Bat Dan street, Ha Noi.
- Pho Co Cu on Lieu Giai street, Ha Noi.
- Pho 10 Ly Quoc Su street, Ha Noi.
- Pho Cuong at 23 Hang Muoi street, Ha Noi.
- Pho Thin, 13 Lo Duc, Ha noi.
- Pho 112 Van Phu street, Ha Noi.