Shopping No. 10, Emei St, Wanhua District, Taipei City, Taiwan 108 Published on: 13-11-2015
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Ximending Night Market is special ?
Ximending is a modern night market more popular for shopping, especially for limited edition shoes. This will be a taste and cultural experience and give you an opportunity to find souvenirs.
It is like an open-air alfresco mall, which is a cross between Bonifacio High Street and Greenhills tiangge.
It is night markets that come to life when the sun sets. Ximending is a taste and cultural experience with the opportunity to find good souvenirs. Attractions in this Japanese-built area include Matsu Temple and Red House Theater.
What to explore at Ximending Night Market?
Ximending is filled with all kinds of shopping options, from department stores to shops and stores, including various CD shops, hair salons, Eslite Department Stores, movie theaters, Karaoke and many others. Other than enjoying various activities, do not miss the chance to sample famous dishes of Ximending such as “Ya Rou Bian” for tasty duck meat, “Ay-Chung Flour-Rice Noodle” for an unique experience appreciating delicious rice noodles in long line, “Simon food Tempura” for mouth-watering Taiwanese style tempura, “Lautailu” for stewed and braised food, plus many other delicacies that will satisfy your taste buds.
Ximending is often crowded by visitors as there are abundant options of shops and restaurants.
How to get to Ximending Night Market?
Drive on your own:
No. 1 National Highway (國道一號) -> exit from Chongqing N. Road Interchange (重慶北路交流道) -> Chongqing N. Road (重慶北路) -> make a right turn at Civil Boulevard (市民大道) -> make a left turn at Zhonghua Road (中華路) -> Ximending (西門町)
1. Take bus no. 9, 12, 49, 202, 205, 206, 212, 218, 223, 231, 234, 242, 246, 249, 250, 252, 253, 260, 262, 263, 265, 302, 204, 207, 310, 527, 601, 604, 624, 628, 651, 652, 660, 667, 701, 702, 703 or 705 to MRT Ximen Station stop (捷運西門站).
2. Take bus no. 62, 229, 231, 234, 242, 264 or 310 Sub line (310副) to Ximen Elementary School (西門國小).
3. Take bus no. 18, 221, 232, 235, 257, 513, 621, 635, 540, 659, 663 or Blue 2 to Ximen Market stop (西門市場站).
By Taipei MRT (台北捷運):
Take Taipei MRT-Bannan Line (捷運板南線) to exit no. 6 of MRT Ximen Station (捷運西門站).
- Lots of food and people
- Great place for hang out at night
- Good way to release pressure
- Safety and well- maintained
- Great nightlife
No. 10, Emei St, Wanhua District, Taipei City, Taiwan 108