Attraction Xinhua Street, Dayan Town, Gucheng District, Lijiang 674100, China Published on: 22-09-2016
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Wanggu Tower is special ?
The Wangu Tower is a five-story structure with the longest natural pillars of such towers in all of China. In this park are more than 40 cypre tress growing. Standing on the building, from the north you can see the miraculous and beautiful Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, from the east you can see the Lijiang ancient town with rivers flowing, from the west you can see the splendid new city of Lijiang, and from the south you can see the Naxi villages and green farmlands.
What to explore at Wanggu Tower?
- Standing on Wangu Tower, you could enjoy a panoramic view of Lijiang Ancient City.
- The top floor of the tower provides the 360 panoramic views of Old Town and rivers to the east, the new section of Lijiang to the west, the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain range to the north and Naxi villages and farmland to the south.
- On Saturday mornings, men bring up their pet birds and hang the cages from tree branches, birds enjoying the fresh air and sunshine at the park.
- Nice Views over old and new town of Lijiang
- Peaceful retreat
- Great views of Lijiang
- Highest point of Lijiang Old Town
- The best place to see the rooftops of Lijiang Old Town
Xinhua Street, Dayan Town, Gucheng District, Lijiang 674100, China
Tips for you
Peaceful retreat The tower is a major icon visible from Lijiang Old Town, and holds a temple within which is interesting. The surrounding park offers great views of Lijiang's roofscape and surrounding mountains, and peace from the crowd down below. Great old trees rise majestically overhead, and the area is good to just sit back and enjoy the peaceful side of Lijiang. Go there early morning or late evening.