Attraction Toneri-koen/Nishi-Iko-cho/Toneri-machi/Iriya-machi/1, 2 Kojiya/3 Saranuma Adachi-ku Published on: 26-02-2016
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Toneri Park is special ?
The initial plans for Toneri Park began in 1940 as a city planning project to commemorate 2,600 years since founding of Japan. Much of the huge area laid out for this park was lost due to the emancipation of farmland after the war. However, under the auspices of the Japanese government in 1977, Toneri Park finally opened as a commemorative park to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the ascension of Emperor Hirohito (the Showa Emperor) in 1981. Further development to this park is still ongoing.
What to explore at Toneri Park?
There are three main sections of the park creating a nice flow for those looking to enjoy an organized and clean park. One section offers a large area for various sports including tennis, baseball, soccer, children’s play areas, and a large track field also used for many school occasions. The second section of the park is used for gathering and mingling with barbeque grills, picnic tables, and a large pond to enjoy. The third section of the park is a bird sanctuary which has been highly recommended as rare bird sightings are high.
- Bird Sanctuary A bird sanctuary located in the Southern area of the park is open to everyone seeking knowledge and a glimpse of some rare bird species which travel through the park. Special seating and many educational signs help viewers understand what they are seeing.
- Sports Zone The entire sports zone of the Toneri Park is located in the North and Eastern areas. The largest of all sections it still being filled out with plenty of great additions being planned.
- Family Areas Anyone wanting to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of the park would appreciate the large family area which was designed to offer all facilities needed.
How to get to Toneri Park?
By train:1 minute by foot from Toneri-koen Station on the Nippori-Toneri Liner
By bus:- From the West Exit of Takenozuka Station on the Tobu Isezaki Line, take the Tobu Bus (Iriya loop) and get off at the Nakairiya stop
- From the West Exit of Nishi-arai Station on the Tobu Isezaki Line, take the Adachi Community Bus for Toneri-danchi and get off at the Toneri-koen-higashi or Toneri-koen-eki stop
- Magnificent green space
- Urban oasis Tonerikoen
- A wide array of sports facilities
- Big pond, water park and bird sanctuary
- A metropolitan park
Toneri-koen/Nishi-Iko-cho/Toneri-machi/Iriya-machi/1, 2 Kojiya/3 Saranuma Adachi-ku
Tips for you
I visited in December 2012. Access is direct from [Tonerikoen before station] of Nippori-Toneri liner. If you walk from Takenotsuka Station, middle, approximately 2km while drop in [Azumadaketera] there is a tomb of Hiroshige Ando, you will arrive in about 20 minutes. It is really wide. Nature has spread to the vast grounds of about not be overlooking. Originally, air defense green space of wartime, then plays the role of a disaster prevention green space when there was such as earthquake, seems a vast green grounds as if it were another world in the city are present. Athletics stadium tennis courts, baseball field, barbecue space, dog run, anyway comprehensive park you have all anything pond that can fishing, play equipment, running course, the camp square. Road is wide, even pleasant day have opened sight, it would be the best environment to take a walk or jogging. Only one, the anxious that crow often. This is often enough to surprise. Pond fountains and streams will have a lot to much good to say that has been occupied. Those who worry with children, those who are weak and I Please note. Also, I have the impression people are less. If you have some places to jog, If you are painting, because I there are housewives who are Asobase a child, but it is not the number of the more commensurate with the vast place, a little creepy in the deserted impression. You heard that promotion also conducted such as festivals. Because it is a great park and I would like crowded by now more and more development.