Activity 92 Nguyễn Trường Tộ, Vũng Tàu Published on: 20-11-2015
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why The Long Son Island Tour from Phu My Port is special ?
Most tourists who leave this old wooden structure, think they have just visited another temple. It looks like a temple. It sounds like a temple. It even smells like a temple. There are many shrines. There are people praying. However, it is NOT a temple. It is a far more exciting place. I have heard people refer to it in English as the Big House. This gives away no clues as to what it really was.This complex holds a very unique position in Vietnam's history. The story is fascinating, the characters are real and a bit larger than life. Long Son Island is in the fingers and tributaries that make up the mouth of the Saigon River.
What to explore at The Long Son Island Tour from Phu My Port?
- 8:30am pick up from the dock gates, or
- 9:00am pick up from the entrance to Co-op Mart in the small town of Baria.
- A very short air conditioned drive to Long Son Island.
- Have a FREE green tea to welcome you to the mysterious complex.
- Take the tour. The men will be guided by the male guides, who look like monks - they are not monks. The women will be guided by female guides who look like nuns. They are most likely lay-devotees, and are not part of the story.
- After the 'official' tour we will drive to a nearby coffee shop. Grab a FREE coffee or coconut while Sen explains the story of the Big House. This is also connected to FREE wi-fi so bring a mobile device and connect to family back home.
- Next a walk through one of the oldest markets in the area.
- After this, we will head back to the Big House for a FREE foot massage.
- The women of the strange old complex will cook us a lovely traditional lunch. Lunch is also FREE.
- Sen will give you a FREE Vietnamese hat. The art on the hat has been done by our teenage daughter, Tina.
Where do we get picked up from?
There are two places to be picked up from. It depends solely on which cruise company you are with.
- Princess Cruise Liners provide free shuttle buses to the nearby small town of Baria. Sen will pick you up from the Co-op Mart in Baria.
- All other Cruise Liners. Sen will pick you up OUTSIDE the main dock gate. The pick up point is at least 100 metres from your ship, and is not on the dock.
- English speaking guide
- Lunch at the local house
- Foot massage
92 Nguyễn Trường Tộ, Vũng Tàu
the dock gates
The Long Son Island Tour from Phu My Port serves Private tour.
(1 - 1 participants.)160.00 USD
(2 - 2 participants.)80.00 USD
(3 - 3 participants.)53.00 USD
(4 - 10 participants.)40.00 USD