Attraction Serendipity Beach, Krong Preah Sihanouk, Preah Sihanouk, Cambodia Published on: 13-11-2015
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Serendipity Beach is special ?
Serendipity Beach is technically the western end of Ochheuteal beach, is very popular with Western tourists and has a few small guesthouses right on the beach.The Serendipity beach is the only beach in Sihanoukville to offer accommodation right on the sandy area. The shopping is great here! Serendipity has turned into the shopping section of town and is full of souvenir shops, MP3 downloads, tour services and more. Here you will find the main tourist pier for trips to visit the islands.
What to explore at Serendipity Beach?
Serendipity's popularity has grown together with the new built bungalows, hotels, and restaurants and the numerous Western style bars. There are many clothing shops, massages, movies, MP3 downloads, internet, markets, and boat trips to explore. Motorcycle and Buggy rentals, travel shops, souvenirs, tattoos as well. And just off the beach, many more places to eat and drink and there's a lot of them here offer the best seafood, BBQ, Pizza & Burgers.
How to get to Serendipity Beach?
- From town, head towards the Golden Lion circle, go halfway around, and and keep going straight 'til you run into the pier. This is actually one end of Ocheteaul Beach.
- Motorcycle Taxi: (motodup, moto) drivers expect foreigners to pay 1000-2000R in town. Locals pay less but getting the local price is nearly impossible. Prices go up for multiple passengers and at night. Settle on a price and destination before taking the ride and insist on being taken directly to your requested destination.
- Motorcycle Rental: At the moment there is a ban on tourists driving motorcycles and cars in Sihanoukville. It is not clear whether the ban is permanent or will be lifted at some point in the future. Prior to the ban, most of the tourist-oriented businesses in town rented motorcycles, including most guesthouses and hotels, the bus companies, travel/tour companies and even restaurants. 100cc bikes were between $3-$5/day. Fewer places rented 250cc bikes but they were still readily available at about $7-$8/day. 100cc is more than sufficient for travel in town and to the beaches. Most places required a passport as security. Always lock your motorcycle or leave it in guarded parking. Motorcycle theft is not uncommon.
- Car Rental: Car rental (with diver) can be arranged through your hotel or travel agent. Taxis at the downtown bus and taxi station are also available for private hire. Cars cost around $20/day with driver. They can also be hired for short jaunts in town ($4-$6) and specific trips such as sunset mountain ($10) the waterfalls ($15) or Ream ($17).
- Full of neon bars, loud music and touts
- Busy and full of activity
- Nice at sunset
- Plenty of places to eat, plenty of hawkers
- Mixed feeling place
Serendipity Beach, Krong Preah Sihanouk, Preah Sihanouk, Cambodia
Tips for you
- Best places for shopping here - Recommend bars and restaurant: Monkey Republic, The Big Easy, Utopia, Mr. Big Fish, Mick & Craig's, Beach Road, and about 35 more. - Recommend hotel: Try Cloud 9, The Cove or Tranquility’,Monkey Republic, Utopia, Mick & Craig's, Coolabah, Beach Road, The Big EasyThings to do
There is one reason to decide to go there. It is located in the downtown. Bars there is not so cheap, dirty and crowded,
It's a beautifull place... in the evening it becomes crowed with young people partying!But it's not heaven on earth... you will also face crude reality: many poor people, children begging for everything! ... and there's lots of prostitution.But I would say that is the image of the country...Anyway, I loved being there... talked with many people, played with the kids... and, again, realised that we don't need much to enjoy and be happy.
Not much of a beach however heaps of bungalows and pubs so very nice from that perspective.I would not even venture that way to be frank unless you were staying in one of the bugalows or wanted to have a drink at one of the bars which sit above the beach
It's a beautifull place... in the evening it becomes crowed with young people partying! But it's not heaven on earth... you will also face crude reality: many poor people, children begging for everything! ... and there's lots of prostitution. But I would say that is the image of the country... Anyway, I loved being there... talked with many people, played with the kids... and, again, realised that we don't need much to enjoy and be happythere.