Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Se Wong Yee is special ?
Must try dishes:
How to get to Se Wong Yee?
Starting Point: Causeway Bay Station (Exit C)
Steps to follow: 1 - 6
1. Let's start your way from Exit C. When you get out from the ticket gate, find the exit sign "C" around you
2. When you come outside from the exit, follow the arrow.
3. Go straight for 30m and you will find the "Bonjour" signboard to your right. Make a right turn at the signboard.
4. You will find your destination right after you make a right turn at the signboard.
5. In less than 30m, you will find your restaurant to your right.
6. Enjoy your meal at Se Wong Yee 蛇王二(燒臘飯店)!
- Great snake soup
- Huge portions, order to share
- "Value for money"
- Excellent food and service
- Tasty and delicious
- Noise level Normal
- Budget Budget
- Alcohol NO
- Air condition YES
- Accept credit card NO
- Serve breakfast NO
- Serve halal NO
24 Percival Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Tips for you
Ordered 2 set meals for 2 adults and 2 10 year old children with more than enough to go around. Each set comprises of stir fried vegetables, a large bowl of snake soup and a generous serving of rice with liver sausages. Snake soup had lots of sliced mushrooms with a few slivers of snake meat. Delicious with an orange peel after taste. Fried crackers that are sprinkled on top add interesting texture to the thick broth. Soup was good, but the liver sausages were the show stealer. Fragrant with a tinge of Chinese wine. These went superbly with fluffy white rice and a splash of braised sauce. Overall great experience. Would be better if we had more elbow room while eating.
This place is famous for its snake soup cooked with petals of chrysanthemum and roast duck/bbq pork. Snake soup is said to release toxins and it's very flavorful, with snake meat tasted like chicken. Ask for red vinegar and only add a couple drops to enhance the flavor. The roast duck, however, was a huge disappointment with tons of fat and almost no meat. Should have asked for duck leg. Try its snake soup(~$u.s7), it's an experience.
Finally my turn to taste the giant clay pot rice with preserved sausage and golden oyster, so delicious!