Attraction Ream National Park, Prey Nob, Preah Sihanouk, Cambodia Published on: 13-11-2015
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Ream National Park is special ?
Rame national park has a wide variety of wild life animals and plants. It consits of 15000 ha land and 6000 ha marine habitats with 155 different species of birds. The park is a combination of marine life and forest nature with landscapes for everyone: mangrove forests, a mountainside waterfall and miles of beaches unmarked by footprints.
What to explore at Ream National Park?
Discorvering the wild life of rhesus monkeys, dugongs, turtles, dolphins, mouse-deer, Sarus crane, and pelicans and the vegetation habitats of the park include lowland evergreen forest, melaleuca forests, and mangrove forest.
Taking some walking tours of the mountain, safari tours of the smaller mammals, birds and beautiful waterfalls. Wat Ream, a buddhist temple are also worth a trip.
Learning more about the cultures of total 13 villages have land lying within the Park’s boundaries
How to get to Ream National Park?
1. The Ream National Park in Sihanoukville is also easily connected by major road links in Cambodia. To reach the park from Sihanoukville Travel 18 km north on Route 4, then right on Airport Road (near the naga statue). The park office is located 500m further, opposite the entrance to the airport.
2. To get to Ream National Park, 18km east Sihanoukville, take NH4 to Sihanoukville International Airport; the park headquarters is 700m south of NH4 across the road from the new green-roofed terminal building. Boats leave from Prek Toeuk Sap Ranger Station, about 3km further out along NH4 (at the bridge). A coastal road linking the park with Otres Beach and Sihanoukville is planned.
3. A return trip by moto should cost US$5 to US$10; the price depends on how well the driver speaks English and how long you stay. A private taxi costs about US$25 for the day.
- Nice view, close to nature
- In all shades of green, over, the sea
- Nice and peaceful
- Picturesque site
- Quiet and relaxing place
Ream National Park, Prey Nob, Preah Sihanouk, Cambodia
Tips for you
It is a beautiful park, the guide was very helpful we did the boat / beach tour which was really nice albeit the boat was a bit long. The park is absolutely stunning, such a shame that they are building a big hotel complex within the park area.
This is an amazingly beautiful place but sadly I don't think it will be around much longer as they seem to be logging it and building roads all they way through it. There is a resort at the end on the beach, I believe its called Silver Beach and it is a beautiful spot to swim and collect a few shells.
Popped to Ream national park the other day, picturesque with some lovely quiet beaches also. Saw some cracking wildlife also.
That place is really nice even that place is not so popular for Cambodian but very popular for foreigner. Enjoy with trekking, taking boat a long river get to the sea especially have a nice beach that environment not yet destroy..