Activity Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand Published on: 10-05-2016
|08:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Highlight of the city|
Sailing & Water
Phi Phi Islands by Speedboat Tour is good for
- Highly recommended by fellow travellers.
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Phi Phi Islands by Speedboat Tour is special ?
- The speedboats are various sizes ranging from 25 seats up to 50 seats. The boat used depends on how many customers they have on the day. Most days it's 25 seat boats with a covered area with bench seating along the sides and then a small open area at the front. It's fun at the front but watch out for the sun and it's also the bumpiest ride. During high season, December through to March, it's very often a 40 seat speedboat.
- The Krabi speed boat tour to Phi Phi Islands is a perfect combination of exhilaration and relaxation. Speed across the Andaman Sea and then spend the day snorkeling and sightseeing. You will have a tour guide with you the whole time. Along the journey, you may well see some flying fish, an amazing sight leaping out of the water up to ten or more meters. Keep your eyes open as it all happens very fast.
- The Krabi to Phi Phi Island Tour will take you to all the best and most famous beaches on the Phi Phi Islands. You'll have time to snorkel and just soak in the glorious views. The coral reefs of Phi Phi Islands are very close to the beach so you can just snorkel with the kit included in the Phi Phi Tour price and get to see some of the most amazing colors you will ever see.
- The Krabi to Phi Phi Islands tour also takes you to Maya Bay, the place the film "The Beach" was made. It really is just as beautiful as it looked in the film. Nowadays there are many tourist groups visiting, but it really does still look in pristine condition. You will need to use your imagination though as it really is just about standing room only at high peak season and quite crowded even at low season.
- Lunch is provided at a restaurant at Ton Sai, the main port at Phi Phi. Vegetarian and Halal options are available. It's only a short walk to the other side of the Island, just ask the guide and he'll direct you. There is not so much to see, though.
What to explore at Phi Phi Islands by Speedboat Tour?
- 08:00-08:30 Pick up from your Krabi Hotel or Ao Nang Hotel and transfer to pier
- 09:00 - 09:30 Depart by speed boat to Phi Phi Islands
- Depending on the tides, you will then spend time at each of the following destinations.
- Bamboo Island (Ko Mai Phai) relaxing on the wonderful white beach. Perfect white soft sand.
- Viking Cave photography and sightseeing. Viking Cave is named after the painted ships on the cave walls. Unfortunately its not possible to go into the caves, but its still a beautiful sight. Its also the center for the collection of Swiftlets bird's nests, the essential ingredient in "Bird's Next Soup". These are one of the most expensive animal products eaten by people with just one nest selling for over 2500 US dollars!
- Lohsamah Bay on Phi Phi Ley is a famous scuba diving and snorkelling spot. Its seperated from Maya Bay on the other side of the Island by a very thin limestone cliff. The cliff walls go down about 15 - 20 meters in the water and are covered with a great variety of soft corals making for an amazing sight. Night dives are also popular here and many of the liveaboard scuba trips include a night dive at Lohsamah Bay.
- Pi Leh Bay to see the sights. Its a beautiful cliff lined Lagoon. The water is crystal clear and a beautiful color.
- Maya Bay the location of the film "The Beach". Its really quite a small beach and always very crowded, but worth a short stop to just dream.
- Monkey beach for relaxing and a bit more snorkeling. Depending on the time, they may skip this stop to give more time at a better snorkeling location.
- Phi Phi Don enjoy lunch at restaurant on the beach and relaxing
- Hin Klarng to do some open sea snorkeling
- Nui Bay A small sheltered bay for some more open water snorkeling. Just lie in a lifejacket and get surrounded by thousands of fish.
- 16.00 return to Aonang
(Please note that all pickup times and departure times are approximate and do depend on how quickly the operators can pick up from hotels. They try their best but some days you may need to wait a while. Please call us if they are more than 30 minutes late and we will check status for you.)
- Sea conditions can make it unsafe to land boats at some locations if waves are high.
- Locations may differ from the above depending on sea conditions.
- Please Note that Speedboat operators will not accept bookings for pregnant ladies or infants under 1 year of age as it can on occasion be quite a bumpy ride. You also might want to think twice about speedboat trips if you have a problem with sea sickness or have a serious back complaint.
- * Sea conditions can affect the itinerary and on days with big waves it may make it impossible to visit certain places safely. The decision on safety is taken as a group by all operators combined with information from the coastguard.
- Please take care of masks and snorkels and make sure you have them to give back at the end of the tour.
- Life jackets are provided for everyone, they do have some child jackets of various sizes, but not for very small children and babies. Wearing the jackets is not compulsory but is advisable particularly for children and non-swimmers. If you decide not to wear a jacket, just make sure you know where your jacket is just in case. Accidents are very rare but nature can be unpredictable.
- Hotel transfers, Mask/snorkel, Life jacket, Fruit and water, lunch, Tour guide and insurance
- National Park Fees not included for Island tours. Fee for this tour is 400thb per adult, 200thb per child (3 and under free). Please make sure you have the Thai Baht to make the payment. Receipts issued by Ranger **
- Professional and enjoyable
- Mem great to deal with
- Cheap and great service
- Super efficient and well organised
- Enjoyed every moment of our tour
Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand
Tips for you
What to bring: Camera Swimming gear and / or change of clothes Appropriate footwear (e.g. rubber flip flops or Crocs) Adequate sun protection (cream, glasses hat) Beach towel Splashproof or waterproof bag Your own snacks (if required) Infant and young children’s flotation vests (if required)What to bring
I didn't realize Krabitrek was a booking agent, so I suppose everyone's experience will be a bit different. There are dozens and dozens of independent tour companies in Aonang, so it's the luck the draw I suppose.The first day, I went on the sunset bbq cruise (which I can no longer find listed on the website). The guide was extremely funny and outgoing. He tried his best to make everything fun. I received a vegetarian meal (of rice); it was delicious! Long day, but very fun.The second day, I went to the emerald pond, hot spring and tiger cave...well, never saw it, actually, because I only had an hour to contact clean over 1000 stairs to get to the top of a mountain to see a big Buddha. My big issue with this tour was everything felt rushed. One hour at the hot spring, an hour and a half at the pond, and an hour at the tiger cave/temple.I don't know why it was rushed. The driver was tail gating, speeding, making illegal lane passes; maybe he knew we were off schedule. This kind of driving may be normal here but that doesn't make it smart. The management should enforce safe driving. Lastly, the guide wasn't really a guide. She was more like a timekeeper. She didn't provide background information about the places we visited (What's the name of the temple??); She was nice but it seemed like it was her first day on the job.Overall, Krabitrek booked the tours efficiently and Mem responded to my emails promptly. However,I wish there were more reviews on which tour company actually provides the best tours.
2/12.After reading the positive reviews from Tripadvisor, we headed to their booth to make a booking. We were considering Sunset Kayaking or Phranang Full Moon Kayaking. We wanted a 4-Island Tour also. But to cut the story short, we only got the 4-Island by speed boat Tour. And like typical tourist, I asked herfor "Best price?". Her reply was "You want best price? Or best service?" And we all laughed. Wa is very cute with this answer. According to her, she can charge lower but she'll let other agents to do the tour. Ok. She got me. Best service it is.3/12At 8.30am, we were at the hotel lobby, many other people were there for and from different agents but not for us. We waited til 8.50 (waiting time they wrote for us was 8.30-8.50) and we were the only guests still left at the lobby, so I called the number on the voucher and they said "5min". The driver came at 9.00 to pick us up.At the beach, we saw the SAME PEOPLE from our hotel lobby in the SAME speed boat as us! So it seems like they forgot to pick us up....The islands are ok. Being a touristy place at the high season, lots of tourists are expected and not much fishes to see while snorkling.The guide didn't give much into about the islands or the Pranang Cave, but he was friendly.Lunch was... typical? Steamed Rice, 1 fried chicken wing, green curry with vegetables, and 1 vegetable which I didn't eat... Buffet style. But limited to only 1 chicken wing per person.Verdict: Over promised. Under delivered.
Krabi Trek is awesome tour agent. I booked my Phi-Phi island tour from them. I sent a mail and got a immediate reply and booking from Mem. Their rates are best in the market. Thanks Mem for making the booking for us. The tour was awesome. Also they picked us from our Hotel and dropped us back to hotel. The tour guide was very helpful and providing us all the information of the tour.I would recommend this agent for making any island trip from AoNang.
We booked a day tour to the Phi Phi Islands by speedboat, it was amazing! Not only did the scenery speak for itself, but Krabitrek made our last day in Thailand magical. We went by speedboat and were lucky to have only 14 people on board, which made the boat comfortable for everyone. We had plenty of water supplied and fruit for morning and afternoon tea. We were picked up from our hotel and dropped back with no issues. We stopped at Phi Phi Don for a buffet lunch which was lovely. Krabitrek were 400THB cheaper than other companies, our tour was 1400THB per person and most other companies were 1800THB. Lastly, our tour guide made the day, he was energetic and had a great sense of humor and even got in the water to snorkel with us and show us some good snorkeling spots. I would recommend booking a tour with Krabitrek!