Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Otres Beach is special ?
- Otres beach streches a three kilometer crescent of near white sand facing the southwest. - It’s a beautiful, clean, quiet and more relaxed than anywhere in Sihanoukville.
- There many bungalows and small guesthouses on the beach, most sitting right on the sand just a few meters from the water.
- There are no hotels, spas or large restaurants on Otres, just a string of beach-shack bars, restaurants and bungalows stretching along the sand serving seafoods, each place has its own unique flavor
What to explore at Otres Beach?
At the northern end of the Otres beach also has an expanding range of activities on offer:
• Hurricane Windsurfing , which rents out paddle boards (per hour US$8),
• Windsurfers (basic/high-performance boards per hour US$10/20),
• Sea kayaks (single/tandem per hour US$4/6)
• Skim boards (try bungee skim boarding).
About 700m south, near the main cluster of guesthouses:
• Blue Lagoon Kitesurf Centre.
• Daily boat tours to four islands (per person US$15 including breakfast, lunch, snorkelling and a drink or two).
Way down to Otres Nautica:
• French-run outfit that rents tandem sea kayaks (per hour US$4)
• Hobie Cat sailing catamarans (per hour US$10) that you can take out to nearby islands.
• A boat for snorkelling or island-hopping excursions.
At the northern ‘near end’ (Otres 1) is dozens of beachshack bars and restaurants squeeze together along a kilometer of sand.
Plenty of different sorts of places to choose from, some staying open quite late, offering events, music and such.
There are also a dozen-plus guesthouses and bungalows lining the beachfront road 20 meters from the water.
How to get to Otres Beach?
1) The road from Ochheuteal over the hill through Queen Hill Resort allows easy motorcycle access but is blocked to cars and tuk-tuks.
2) By car or tuk-tuk from Ochheuteal: follow Polaway Street (1 Kanda Street) to the end of the pavement and turn left, cross the bridge and proceed about 500m to the next right turn. Turn and follow the road about 2.3km to the beach. Rough road.
3) Omui Street from downtown is paved and in good condition. Follow to the Otres turnoff and turn left.
4) If going it alone, follow the road southeast along the beach and skirt the hill by headling inland on the inviting tarmac. From the city centre, you can take Omui St from Psar Leu east out of town for 5km
5) Otres Beach is about 5km south of the Serendipity area. It’s a US$2/5 moto /remork ride to get here (more at night).
- Great beach, and fresh air
- Chilled and in the nature
- Best beach in Sihanoukville
- Little paradise
- Lovely beach and great sunset
Otres Beach, Cambodia
Tips for you
- Otres Beach is great place for lazy sunbathing, partying, catamarans, windsurfing, kayaks, various boat trips, buggy cars, bicycles and jet skis… - Famous places/activities in the beach: Otres Corner, Everythang, Mien Mien, Otres Market, Windsurfing school, Richies. - Tourists will find accommodation in rooms or bungalows (prices ranging from US$10 - 50 p/night).Things to do
Best beach in Sihanoukville! Don't miss it! Stay here instead of Serendipity and the other beaches!
.great escape from the noise in Occheuteal Beach. :) Most of the people who stay here are locals Khmer.
Have a cocktail on the beach at Mien Mien or Sunshine Cafe! They both have happy hours and great prices for rooms! Tell them, Dan Mack, said hello!!!
We stayed in Strawberry Resort for a couple of nights. It is located just over the road from the beautiful and quiet Otres 2 beach. We loved it!...
Best beach in Sihanoukville Don't miss it! Stay here instead of Serendipity and the otherbeaches!...