Activity Japan, 〒601-8017 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, 南区東九条北烏丸町９−２ Published on: 01-07-2016
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Nara Afternoon Tour is special ?
1. Visit two World Heritage Sites in Nara: Todai-ji Temple and Kasuga Taisha Shrine.
2. Encounter wild deer up close while walking through Nara Park, a rarity in Japan and worldwide.
3. Enjoy the view out the window from the suburbs of Kyoto to Nara.
What to explore at Nara Afternoon Tour?
- Sunrise Tours Desk in Avanti / Depart from Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit
- All transportation on this tour is by bus. Participants may also join from the Kyoto Handicraft Center.
From Kyoto to Nara (70 min)
- Head to Nara via the Nara Keinawa Expressway
- Nara Park & Todai-ji Temple (Great Buddha) (60 min)
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site, this is the symbol of the Nara Period and one of the world's largest wooden structures. Its huge main hall and bronze Great Buddha are impressive to behold.
Kasuga Taisha Shrine (40 min)
- This Nara Period shrine is designated as a World Heritage Site. The deer of Nara Park are thought to be the shrine messengers.
- [Remarks] The tour will not enter areas requiring admission.
Nara Nagomikan (20 min)
- The largest souvenir shop in Nara. Enjoy looking for the perfect souvenir in this spacious shop.
- [Remarks] This location may be omitted from the itinerary due to business hours or traffic congestion.
18:30 - 19:30
- Drop-off Service
- To hotels in Kyoto City
- [Remarks] During the Gion Festival (Sakimatsuri, July 14 - 16), drop-off service to Karasuma Kyoto Hotel and Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto will be unavailable due to traffic restrictions.
- English-speaking guide, Other admission fees and transportation costs included in the tour
Japan, 〒601-8017 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, 南区東九条北烏丸町９−２
Japan, ?601-8017 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, ????????????