Activity Me Linh Point Tower, Suite 2105, No 2 Ngo Duc Ke Street, Ho Chi Minh City Published on: 02-06-2017
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Mekong Delta Speed Boat Tour is special ?
- Pick up your hotel
- A light breakfast is served on board.
- Enjoy a brief stop at the ornate, overwater Tuong Van Pagoda
- Visit a bustling, colorful riverside market full of local curiosities, tropical fruits and all manner of fish and shellfish
- The Delta of Nine Dragons
- Enjoy a traditional Mekong Delta lunch at a local pagoda prepared by our private chef
- Visit an orphanage run by Buddhist monks
- Visit a colorful Cao Dai Temple
What to explore at Mekong Delta Speed Boat Tour?
Please note: There are two main routes for the tour after you depart the market, depending on the tour guide and water level.
- 8:00am: Your guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel and bring you by car to your boat at Ho Chi Minh City pier.
- 8:15am: The boat departs and you slip away from downtown Saigon via narrow canals, and enter the verdant green tributaries of the Mekong Delta. A light breakfast is served on board.
- 8:45am: Enjoy a brief stop at the ornate, overwater Tuong Van Pagoda, while your guide explains the importance Buddhism to many people of the Delta.
- 9:30am: Visit a bustling, colorful riverside market full of local curiosities, tropical fruits and all manner of fish and shellfish. Great photo opportunities!
- 10:30am: Reach the idyllic watery expanses of the Delta itself, known as the Delta of Nine Dragons for the 9 tributaries that splinter from the main Mekong River.
- 10:45am: Turn off the delta into small, winding canals of the Thu Thua area, shaded by a canopy of foliage as you drift along lazily.
Depending on the route, you will visit a traditional riverside house with huge Burmese pythons as pets, a quaint Mekong village and surrounding rice paddies, and then a traditional farmhouse where you’ll sample coconuts and Mekong whisky.
Or you will visit a local merchant and try a range of Mekong produce, and whisky and wine. You’ll walk along the banks of the river to a traditional rural Vietnamese house where 3 generations live, before exploring a charming village where you can try fresh coconuts from the tree. This variation provides fascinating insight into life in the Mekong Delta region.
Please note: Our tours are flexible. Your guide may combine parts from both routes.
- 12:30pm: Enjoy a traditional Mekong Delta lunch at a local pagoda prepared by our private chef. After lunch, you will visit an orphanage run by Buddhist monks.
- 01:30pm: Visit a colorful Cao Dai Temple.
- 02:30pm: Return to the speedboat and depart for Ho Chi Minh City.
- 04:00pm: Arrive back in Saigon. Les Rives’ staff will return you to your hotel by car.
Please note that due to the individual nature of the tours, times are approximate and can vary slightly.
- Unlimited refreshments and local fruit
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees and hotel pick-up drop off.
Me Linh Point Tower, Suite 2105, No 2 Ngo Duc Ke Street, Ho Chi Minh City