Activity Japan, 〒601-8017 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, 南区東九条北烏丸町９−２ Published on: 01-07-2016
|08:15 AM - 01:00 PM|
|Japan, ?601-8017 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, ????????????|
|Highlight of the city|
Kyoto Morning Tour is good for
- Highly recommended by fellow travellers.
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Kyoto Morning Tour is special ?
1. This tour is recommended for those travelling to Kyoto for the first time.
2. Visit the World Heritage Sites of Kinkaku-ji Temple and Nijo Castle.
3. On weekdays, participants can enter the Kyoto Imperial Palace with no prior application (some days are excluded).
What to explore at Kyoto Morning Tour?
- Sunrise Tours Desk in Avanti / Depart from Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit
- Pickup service is available at designated hotels in Kyoto. All transportation on this tour is by bus.
Nijo Castle (50 min)
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site. Tour the historical castle completed in 1626, which was built to provide lodging for Tokugawa Shogun and as a palladium for Kyoto Imperial Palace.
- [Remarks] Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays (or Wednesday if Tuesday is a national holiday) in January, July, August, and December and over the New Year's holidays. On these days, the tour will visit Ryoan-ji Temple.
Kinkaku-ji Temple (45 min)
- Visit this World Heritage Site, also known as the Golden Pavilion. The wooden architecture is covered in thin layers of pure gold and is surrounded by a beautiful pond.
- Kyoto Imperial Palace (except Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, and specific days) (40 min)
- Entry of international visitors generally requires application in advance, but participants of this tour can enter only by going through a brief procedure.
- [Remarks] On Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays, Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed. On these days, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead. The same is true of the period before and after the public viewing of Kyoto Imperial Palace in spring and autumn, May 14 - 17 due to the Aoi Festival, year-end/New Year's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event.
Kitano Tenmangu Shrine (Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, and specific days) (40 min)
- This shrine's main hall is a designated national treasure and is famous for housing the God of scholarship. The shrine is especially great to see during the plum blossom and autumn leaf seasons.
- [Remarks] On Jan. 25, Apr. 25, Jul. 25 and Oct. 25, 2015, and on June 25, Sept. 25, and Dec. 25, 2016, Nishi Hongan-ji Temple will be visited instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine.
12:40 - 13:00
- Kyoto Station
- The tour disbands near Kyoto Station.
- There is no drop-off service to hotels. Please return to your hotel on your own.
- English-speaking guide, Other admission fees and transportation costs included in the tour
Japan, 〒601-8017 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, 南区東九条北烏丸町９−２
Japan, ?601-8017 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, ????????????