Shopping Soi Maharaj 8, Tambon Pak Nam, Amphoe Mueang Krabi, Chang Wat Krabi 81000, Thailand Published on: 03-07-2016
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Krabi Night Market / Walking Street is special ?
Krabi Night Market / Walking Street at Krabi Town is one of the main highlights in Krabi Town. Krabi Province, Krabi Municipality, Office of Commercial Affairs Krabi and Krabi Chamber of Commerce organizes a fair where local products, local food, cultural entertainment, activities for children and other varieties come to offer. You will get to buy local souvenirs, taste local delicacies and even experience the mini local cultural performance, art and cloth painted, showing painting on vessel crystal, fold up pandanus leaf to be flower, open hat music from music school with rotate weekly show of Thai band.
What to explore at Krabi Night Market / Walking Street?
Over 70 Thai food stalls such as mix rice with fresh Thai herbal and topping with "Boodoo", boiled rice with 10 dishes such as small fishes, salad salt eggs, rosat peanut, fried radish with eggs. or other foods from various parts of Thailand such as Somtam serves with rice noodle, spicy young bamboo boiled salad, choice of desserts and seasonal fruits. There are lamps handmade from coconut shell, recycle bottle, Malay grazed sarong, Colourful batik, chind toy, clothes, shoes, fashion l accessories and reasonable prices Thai massage which is highly recommended after exhausted.
How to get to Krabi Night Market / Walking Street?
1. From Manutboraan intersection : on Maharat Road heading to Krabi Town passing left along Vouge Department Store, here comes "Walking Street". On the first Soi (Maharat Soi 8) to the end of Soi, you'll find several souvenir shops along the road with activities area, dining tables and onstage shows.
2. From Ao Nang : flag down a taxi or songthaew along main street in Ao Nang, it costs 50baht per person during day time and when going back to Ao Nang, catch the taxi/songthaew infront of 7-Eleven or the main entrance of the market, which costs 60baht at night. Watch out for the overpriced tuk-tuk service infront of Vogue Department Store.
- Weird & wonderful food
- Night market with everything
- Nice to see local people
- Reasonable priced food at every stall
- A Number of Great Foods Found Cheap
Soi Maharaj 8, Tambon Pak Nam, Amphoe Mueang Krabi, Chang Wat Krabi 81000, Thailand
Tips for you
The Krabi Town night market only opens on weekend from Fri to Sun. It is full of fun things to buy, street food to eat, bars around the area. It's pack with people, not only tourists, but also locals. We can see effort of the local community in showcasing and selling their handcrafts in the night market. Local government also put in effort in promoting Krabi as a holiday destination with performance stage setup in the middle of the night market and having locals performing on stage. If you decided to go to the night market, I would suggest you to leave some space in your stomach. There were so many street hawkers selling all sorts of food around in the night market. Seafood were fresh and nicely cooked. If you are a fan of mango sticky rice, they do have some good quality ones which the price was wayyy cheaper than bangkok or other parts of Thailand. Overall, a very nice experience at the Krabi Night market and it does worth to pay a visit.