Activity Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand Published on: 10-05-2016
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Kayak Thalane Bay Full Day Elephant Trek is special ?
- This area of Krabi is perfect for cruising around in a Kayak. The small inlets, caves, and hidden lagoons can be discovered on this kayaking tour, the shade from the jungle all around you keeping it cool. Krabi's coastline is an amazing sight, to actually get to paddle a kayak around it is a very memorable experience. Kids love to kayak, it's so close to the nature its a really immersive experience.
- Best Times and Days
No two days in the mangroves are quite the same. On some days the place is alive with wildlife, birds calling, monkeys hopping, lizards splashing and cicadas singing away. On other days, it's eerily quiet, like everyone is asleep. You never know quite what you'll get but it's always magical.
High tide is generally the best time to go, there are many more channels that you can paddle through and lagoons and caves to see. But even at low tide, it's still a wonderful place. You may have to paddle back the way you came, but it's still beautiful to see and as the water drops, more and more of the incredible root system comes into view along with all the wildlife that lives in the mud, catfish, mudskippers, crabs, and frogs. Then there are the birds that come at low tide to pick at all the fresh food on offer.
What to explore at Kayak Thalane Bay Full Day Elephant Trek?
Program Full Day Kayaking+Elephant Trek
- 08.00 Pick up from Krabi town
- 08.30-08.50 Pick up from Aonang
- Depart from Ao nang Beach direct to Ao Thalane, Kayaking point Relax about 30 minutes with tea or coffee,and you choose your kayak and get fitted for a life jacket and then set off with your guide to paddling across the bay to the entry into the mangrove forest.
- 13.00: Time for lunch Relaxing, continues by car to Elephant Camp. Enjoy your elephant trekking for one hour through the jungle and lush green forest.
- 16.00: Arrive at you Hotel
- Note: There is a surcharge of 100thb per person for hotels and resorts in Klong Muang and Tubkaek and Krabi town
- Hotel transfers
- Life jacket
- Fruit and water
- Tour guide
- Dry Bag
- Best price and Best Tour
- A must do
- Best kahaking in Ao nang
- Best way to discover countryside of Thailand
- Good for family with kids
Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand
Booked 2 trips. Alll went well.Initially, I decided to cancel both trips because of possible bad weather.Communicating my concerns were easy. Mem provided prompt replies.FYI. Cancellations are possible as promised. Refunds are via Paypal (full sum) or cash.Cash refunds incur a small rate of deduction.
Late, late pick up (after promising between 8:30-9am) on a packed open vehicle which was totally unsafe. No exhaust muffler--nothing like asphyxiating your customers before getting to the boat. They arrived at 9:15 and then we still stopped at what seemed like every hotel before getting to the boat thirty minutes later. Then, the boat has to be one of the oldest in service--couldn't even read its name, but the number appeared to be 5522. Another safety issue was the ladder which was next to impossible to climb in or out of the boat on since it was small metal rungs. Yes, the trip itself was ok (not a lot of fish, even after our guide feed them, but the water is pretty clear even if the coral looks pretty dead) and the staff friendly and the curried chicken for lunch was good, but the infrastructure is still poor. Back at the landing site at 3:30pm, and so rather than ride that truck for another hour and a half in the rain, we paid for the return trip via a tuk-tuk...
I made my reservation thru Mem and had all my queries answered. Made a booking for 4 island tour and Ao Thalene kayaking and elephant trekking for 2 adults & 2 children(6&12yrs). But had to cancel the 4 island tour last minute, no charge. Khun Da picked us from our hotel at 8.30am. The driver drove us to Ao Thalene in a truck, 11pax. Took about 45 minutes. Driver also the kayak guide briefed us then guide us through. About 1.30pm, tour ends and lunch was served at the jetty. Sit down lunch with 3 dishes and rice. Then we adjourn to elephant trekking. 20 minutes drive to site. I was really awed. Place has a very natural feel and well kept. So many healthy looking elephants! We ride on the elephant with a guide, trek through the jungle a little then it rained and we were given umbrella. Trek around 30 minutes. At the end of the ride, we took photos, fed the elephants. Overall, both the your was really fun! I recommend it.
My boyfriend and I booked the Ao Thalane kayak and elephant trek full day tour as well as the James Bond island full day tour... And we loved every minute. Well organised, friendly guides who spoke perfect english. Picked up on time. Ekephants at this tour were treated well which we liked. So much fun! Thanks Krabitrek :)