Activity Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand Published on: 10-05-2016
|08:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Highlight of the city|
Sailing & Water
Hong Island by Speed Boat or Longtail Boat Join Tour is good for
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Hong Island by Speed Boat or Longtail Boat Join Tour is special ?
- Hong is the Thai word for room, so literally translated, it means Room Island. There is a very good reason for this as right at its center is a lagoon completely surrounded by cliffs. The entrance to the lagoon is quite narrow making the whole experience quite spectacular. The longtail and speedboats pass right into the lagoon. (There are occasions where the tide is just too low though to enter the lagoon by boat, but this is quite a rare circumstance.) Water in the lagoon is at about waist height at low tide, and perfectly calm. The lagoon is surrounded by mangroves with their incredible root systems.
- When you arrive you will be dropped at the Hong Island artificial pier before the boats tie up. Its just a short walk down the floating pier onto the beach. The section to the left of the pier is just for the boats and to the right is a 200 meter section of pleasant beach. But If you walk a bit further along, you get to a beautiful sheltered cove with perfect sand beach. Being so sheltered it's a great place to snorkel and there is always a good variety of small colorful fish. The beach is lined by trees providing plenty of shady places to sit back and marvel at the view.
- Hong Island is world famous for its amazing beach. The BBC recently called this "The Best beach in Asia" and wrote a report about it. Click on the title to have a read.
- The beach is protected on three sides by rock cliffs with just a narrow entrance to the open sea. This makes it a perfect place for beginners and non-swimmers to snorkel, you can just stand in the water and be surrounded by hundreds of fish, with a mask and snorkel, you can get a glimpse of the underwater world.
- The Hong group of Islands is about 50 minutes longtail boat ride from Aonang or about 25 minutes by speedboat. The boat travels quite close to the shore giving a great view of the coastline.
- The water around the Island is crystal clear and perfect for snorkeling and swimming. The shallows are full of colorful fish. Please be aware though that at low tide there is some quite sharp coral sticking out of the sand so you should be careful where you put your feet when snorkeling and swimming.
- You can snorkel off the beach even if you cannot swim. Just wear the lifejacket provided by the boat and float and enjoy the view, or just stand in the waist-deep water and admire the marine life.
- The Speedboat tour to Hong Island is a perfect combination of exhilaration and relaxation. Speed across the Andaman Sea and then spend the day snorkeling and sightseeing. You will have a tour guide with you the whole time.
- Please do help to keep the Islands beautiful by taking all litter away with you.
What to explore at Hong Island by Speed Boat or Longtail Boat Join Tour?
The Islands that make up the Hong Islands are:
- Hong Island Lagoon - by boat right into the very heart of the Island to Hong Island's lagoon, an amazing lake with tree covered cliffs climbing up all around.
- Hong Island Bay - beautiful beach with white sand, perfect for swimming and snorkeling. The bay is sheltered from the sea meaning the water is very calm and clear with good visibility for snorkeling.
- Lading Island - traditionally this was a place the locals came to collect the valuable vital ingredient for bird's nest soup. Now, its one of Krabi's most amazing sights.
- Pakbia Island - a labyrinth of caves eroded into the cliffs by the sea.
- Daeng Island - This Island is famous for its coral reef which, at low tide, can be seen clearly from the surface.
Speedboat Option visits Hong Island, Hong Island Lagoon, Pakbia Island and Lading Island.
TOUR PROGRAM: Speed Boat or Longtail Boat
08:00 Pick up from Krabi town and Klong muang
08:30 Pick up from Ao Nang
09:00 Depart from pier by speed boat
09:30 Depart from Pier by Longtail boat
15.00 Return to Aonang
- Price for Longtail Boat :
- Children: US$17
- Speedboat operators will not allow pregnant women or infants 1 years old or younger as it can be a bumpy ride. You might also want to think carefully about taking a speedboat trip if any of your group are prone to sea-sickness or has any serious back trouble.
- Please take care of masks and snorkels and make sure you have them to give back at the end of the tour. Lost or damaged equipment will be charged for.
- Transport to and from the Hotel is by Songthaew, which is trucks of various sizes with covered bench seating in the back.
- Hotel transfers, Mask/snorkel
- Life jacket
- Packed Lunch
- National Park entrance fees
- Tour guide and Insurance, Fruit and water.
- National Park Fees are not included for Island tours.
- Fee for this tour is 300thb per adult, 200thb per child (3 and under free).
- Please make sure you have the Thai Baht to make the payment. Recipts issued by Ranger
- A worthwhile trip in Krabi
- A relaxing tour
- One of the best ways to discover Ao Nang Beach
- A must do for sure
- Beautiful landscape and great experience
Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand
Tips for you
As of the 18th of June 2015, National Park fees will increase to 400thb per person. This fee has previously been included in the tour price but will not be from this date. Every customer will have to pay the fee directly to the Government Officials on arrival at the Islands, please ensure that you will carry this money with you in cash.Prices
For this you have to take speed boat instead of long tail boat to save time, and hong lagoon is a must watch place suroounded with mountains inside see
Had a great time on this tour. Hong island is heaven on earth. The hong lagoon is breathtaking! We had a tour guide call Rex and he was a blast! The lunch served was very enjoyable.
A great day out taking in 2 smaller islands before arriving to Hong Island. The island is pristine and completely unspoilt. White sand and clear blue water. The lunch provided is nothing special or substantial so take something extra as it's quite a long day from pick up to drop off. A definite must do and a great way to spend a day. Would recommend.
It was the highlight of our trip. This is less touristy hence unspoiled. Swimming in the Hong lagoon will always be one of my most cherished memories. The entire trip was awesome. I strongly recommend it to all visiting Krabi. If you have to choose between all the island tours choose this one. The Hong island beach was also beautiful and could see schools of colourful fish upclose. We did snorkelling there as tide was high in the regular spot. Got great price only BHT 900 lunch inclusive on the speedboat due to low season. Go for it!