Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Gongguan Shopping Area is special ?
Located near Gongguan MRT station, the Gongguan Night Market is Taipei city’s biggest night market in the South district. Its distinctive characteristic is that it is located in a business district combining with clothing and accessories stores, portrait studios, coffee shops, bookstores, tea houses, and a movie theater. Since it is close to the National Taiwan University, the majority of customers are students. All the stores and shops here are at reasonable prices in order to attract students.
What to explore at Gongguan Shopping Area?
The most famous drink in Gongguan area is the QinWaZhuangNai (Bubble milk tea). Its special ingredients are dark brown sugar tapioca and fresh milk. Other famous snacks here are ZhuXieGao (pork blood cake), LunBing (stuffed pancake), and DouHua (bean curd dessert). Cantonese foods such as Roasted Pork and Roasted Duck are also popular here. These snacks are so popular that you may need to wait in line for half an hour. Most restaurants in Gongguan are in South Eastern Asia styles such as Thailand style, Malaysia style, Indonesia style, Myanmar style, etc. There are also huge amounts of restaurants on the street blocks, offering a wide selection of places for gatherings.
How to get to Gongguan Shopping Area?
1. No. 1 National Highway (國道一號) -> Songjiang Road Interchange (松江路交流道) -> Jianguo Viaduct (建國高架橋) -> Heping E. Rod (和平東路) -> Xinhai Road (辛亥路) -> make a turn at Xinsheng S. Road (新生南路) -> Gongguan Night Market (公館夜市)
2. No. 3 National Highway (國道三號) -> No. 3-A Taiwan Expressway (台3甲) -> make a left turn at Keelung Road (基隆路) -> make a right turn at Roosevelt Road (羅斯福路) to Gongguan Night Market (公館夜市)
Take Taipei MRT-Xindian Line (捷運新店線) to MRT Gongguan Station (捷運公館站).
1. Take bus no. 1, 207, 254, 275, 284, 625, Green 11 (綠11) or Dunhua Line (敦化幹線) to Gongguan stop (公館站).
2. Take bus no. 1, 207, 208, 236, 251, 252, 253, 254, 278, 280, 284, 290, 311 Yongfu (311永福), 505, 530, 606, 642, 643, 644 or 0 South (0南) to MRT Gongguan Station stop (公館捷運站).
- Hectic but fun shopping experience
- For a local experience
- A nice place to walk around
- Taiwan's Version of A "College Town"
- For people of all ages, especially youngsters
Gongguan, Taiwan, China
Tips for you
“A hidden treasure vault for Shopping” Not much was written about this location stumbled across it when was chatting with our driver (we rented a car) for a good place to shop for shoes, and he recommend this place. It is just outside of Gongguan Station (MRT), as this place is next to Taipei University so the selections there are geared towards the student population which is why the clothes, shoes and accessories there are very cheap, all four of us ens up buying a few pairs of sport shoes from there :P did not plan to buy it originally but it's too cheap to pass :P Besides shopping, there are a lot of good food there, don't only look for those big restaurant and etc, try those little shop, I had the BEST Japanese Ramen here in a little hole in the wall shop :P don't remember the name sorry.