Activity 197 Moo 1, Nopperathara Soi 2, ตำบล อ่าวนาง Meuang, กระบี่ 81000, Thailand Published on: 10-05-2016
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Four Island Tours by Longtail Boat is special ?
- Take a boat trip to paradise, Snorkel, swim and just soak up the sun and the unbeatable beauty.
- Just off the coast of Krabi at Ao Nang, the 4 Islands are the closest, easiest and cheapest way to get a true idea of what a tropical Island is. If you only visit one place in Krabi, then these Islands must be right there at the top of the list. The water at the Islands just has to be seen to be believed, on a sunny day, there is a bright turquoise ring of water around the Islands, which suddenly changes to a really deep ocean blue as the seafloor drops away to deeper water.
The Four Islands that make up the 4 Island tour are:
-Koh Gai - Translates to Chicken Island, named because, believe it or not, it is shaped like a chicken, from the right angle, it really does!
- Koh Tup - Koh Tup is only a few hundred meters from Koh Gai and, along with Koh Mawr, is linked to Chicken Island by a sand bar that is above the surfaces at low tide. This sandbar is known in Thai as the Talay Whak.
- Koh Mawr - The third in the group, its a small rocky Island with cliffs jutting out of the sea and lush legalization on top.
- Koh Poda - This is another large Island with a coconut plantation at the center. The boats all park at one end of a long beach where you can find toilets and some kiosks selling snacks, mostly Thai food like bbq's chicken and SomTam (papaya salad) and fruit and drinks and ice creams. This part of the beach can get quite busy, but you can walk for about 20 minutes down the beach, it's really well worth the walk and you will almost certainly find sections of completely empty beach.
- The 4 Island tour also visits Pranang Cave, a cave at the headland near Railay beach where there are many stalactites and stalagmites. The cave is also a sacred place to the sea gypsies in the area and you can see many shrines in there.
- The postcards you have seen of longtail boats moored off a white sand Krabi beach in the crystal clear turquoise waters teeming with brightly colored tropical fish were probably photographed here and it really does look every bit as beautiful. It's difficult to imagine a more tropical image.
- The tour includes rental of a good quality silicone mask and snorkel set per person. Snorkeling is really pretty easy, it's just breathing through a tube and even most first timers get the hang of it after a few minutes. Kids really love it, but for younger kids (6-7 and under) it would be advisable to bring your own mask and snorkel.
- Life jackets are also provided and its fine to take them onto the beach to make the snorkeling even more relaxing, just lie face down and float while all these fish swim around you. How much you will see really depends on the day, the tides and the weather.
- Of all the tours from Krabi and Ao Nang the Krabi 4 Islands tour is the one that we would put at the top of the list. For sightseeing and taking photos it's really unbeatable.
- Our most popular Krabi Tour, the Krabi 4 Island boat trips are impossible to beat. No holiday in Krabi would be complete without a spot of Island hopping
- Each time you visit, you will fall more and more in love with this place. This is what makes touring the Islands of Krabi such a pleasure every time you do it.
- An adequate lunch is provided in the price of this tour making it a great value. Recent comments from our customers have given the lunch a good rating. It's nothing really special, but it's filling and not too spicy. All meals are suitable for Muslims and there is a vegetarian option on request, just ask when you book.
- Please remember to keep this place as beautiful, you should take any wrappers or rubbish away with you or use the bins provided.
This is the local way to travel, noisy and a little bumpy but so atmospheric (and of course a great photo opportunity.) The distance between Aonang and the 4 Islands is only about 15 minutes. Lunch and snorkeling equipment are included in the price. There are different sized longtail boats (25 to 50 seat) but normally 25 passenger boats are used.
What to explore at Four Island Tours by Longtail Boat?
- 08.00 Pick up from Krabi Town and Klong Muang
- 08.30 Pick up from Aonang
- 09:00 Depart from pier by speed Boat
- 09:30 Depart from pier by Longtail Boat
- 15.00 Return to Ao Nang
100thb per person for hotels and resorts in Klong Muang and Tubkaek and Krabi town. No surcharge for speedboat options.
Note: ** National Park Fees are not included for Island Tours. Fee for this tour is 400thb per adult, 200thb per child (3 and under free). Please make sure you have the Thai Baht to make the payment. Receipts issued by Park Rangers **
- Please take care of masks and snorkels and make sure you have them to give back at the end of the tour. Damaged or lost items will be charged for.
- This trip is not suitable for people who are not reasonably fit and agile, transfering between the boats requires a bit of balance and some steps to climb. It is fine with young children as long as you have one adult per child as they may need lifting into and out of the boats.
- Hotel transfer by Songthaew
- Hotel Transfer
- Life jacket
- Mark & Snorkel
- BBQ buffet dinner
- Drinking water
- Guide, Insurance.
- Extra charge 100thb per person for pick up from hotels and resorts in Klong Muang and Tubkaek and Krabi town
- National Park Fees are not included for Island Tours. Fee for this tour is 400thb per adult, 200thb per child (3 and under free).
197 Moo 1, Nopperathara Soi 2, ตำบล อ่าวนาง Meuang, กระบี่ 81000, Thailand