Restaurant 21, Jalan Fettes , 11200, Tanjung Tokong, Penang Published on: 20-07-2016
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Fatty Loh Chicken Rice is special ?
- Pork (roasted pork, bbq pork with sweet sauce, chinese sausages, pork ribs).
- Duck (roasted duck, braised duck, duck meat).
- Noodles (fishball noodles, rice vermicelli, rice vermicelli with fish fillet, claypot noodles).
- Porridge (fish, chicken, bbq pork, duck, plain).
- Vegetables (bean sprouts in oyster sauce, bok choy in oyster sauce).
- Other dishes include vinegar pork, hot & spicy vegetable soup, thai kerabu (pickle), stewed chicken feet with mushroom, otak-otak (fish cake), beancurd, salted eggs and mushrooms.
- Retro, Vintage plus Excellent Chicken Rice!
- Best Malaysian Chicken Rice in Penang!
- Famous chicken rice with a lot of side dishes you can order
- Fantastic experience!
- Awesome Chicken Rice
- Noise level Normal
- Budget Budget
- Alcohol NO
- Air condition YES
- Had kid menu NO
- Accept credit card NO
- Serve breakfast NO
- Serve halal NO
- Serve vegeterian NO
21, Jalan Fettes , 11200, Tanjung Tokong, Penang
Tips for you
Words cannot express how impressed I was with this little hole in the wall restaurant. From the outside I was a bit worried that we had come to the wrong place, as the kitchen is totally open air and it seemed like we were at a street food place. But...once we found out we're supposed to order outside (at the open air kitchen) then proceed inside to eat, it was all good. The Dining area is a trip down memory lane. Totally full from floor to ceiling with kitsch retro knick knacks and retro benches and tables, it was really cool. Plus somehow the mish mash all worked. The best part? The food...excellent Chicken Rice, either roast or poached, plus a whole lot of side dishes like Spring Roll, Ngoh Hiong (pork roll), Soy Sauce Tofu and Egg and more. It was a smorgasbord of flavors. Definitely a MUST-TRY in Penang!
One of my fav chicken rice shop.. Recently taste not as good as last time. If you are antique lover , you should dine in here. Worth your visit.