Restaurant Dotonbori, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture, Japan Published on: 23-02-2016
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Dotonbori at Night is special ?
Dotonbori is one of Osaka's two major city centers. It is the city's most famous entertainment district and offers abundant dining and shopping choices.
With food prices cheaper than Tokyo and a selection that is second to none, Dotonbori is full of eclectic choices that range from steak restaurants, to traditional sushi, ramen joints and teppanyaki. Unsurprisingly, you’ll also find a lot of Chinese and Korean food as they tend to be popular with the hordes of mainland Chinese tourists that make their way here. As a city, Osaka’s claim to fame is a street side snack known as takoyaki, grilled octopus in a flour and egg based breading that tastes like a cross between a hot pastry and dried seafood. In Dotonbori, you’ll find plenty of vendors who will grill you up a fresh batch on the side of the street. Unlike most other street food vendors around Asia, the sanitation of street food is impeccable and you won’t feel the need to make a beeline to the bathroom afterwards.
Must try dish:
The king crab
Ramen with the Green Dragon on top
How to get to Dotonbori at Night?
Dotonbori is located towards the south side of Osaka, conveniently served by the local subway. To get to Dotonbori, you have a couple of choices.
1) Take the Midsosuji Line(red line) and exit out of the Nanba station. Dotonbori will be a few blocks north of where you exit.
2) Take the Sennichimae Line(pink line) and exit out of either the Nanba or Nipponbashi station. If exiting out of Nipponbashi, walk north and you hit the east side of Dotonbori.
3) Take the Sakaisuji Line(maroon line) and follow the signs north to get you to the east side of Dotonbori.
4) Take the Modsosuhi Line(red line) and exit out of Shinsaibashi. If you walk south, you’ll walk by a ton of high end shopping before hitting Dotonbori.
- Food Heaven
- Fun place to eat and shop
- Wide range of food,shops and souvenirs
- Shop all day, eat and drink all night
- Easy shopping and find restaurants
- Noise level Normal
- Budget Medium
- Alcohol NO
- Air condition NO
- Had kid menu NO
- Accept credit card NO
- Serve breakfast NO
- Serve halal NO
- Serve vegeterian NO
Dotonbori, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture, Japan
Tips for you
In terms of getting finding every food you can in Osaka, there is also Kuromon Market. But a street like this only exists in Osaka. You must walk even just to take a photo of a couple of places
From giant crabs, octopus, gyozas, sushi, takoyakis (balls with octopus), ramen, okonomiyaki (Japanese pizza), yakiniku (that's Japanese grill)... everything is right here in Dotonbori! Walk around and you'll also see H&M and the famous Glico Man billboard. I love the gyozas in Osaka Ohsho. It was cheap and good! We lined up in Mizuno for their Okonomiyaki but I think I liked Fugetsu more :) Fugetsu was when I tried it in Universal City Walk but I saw Fugetsu is also available in Dotonbori. There's also Ichiran but unfortunately I wasn't able to try because the queue was really long. If you're with a group of friends, this place is going to be great for food tripping. Oh, and save room for dessert. Visit Pablo Cheesecake (or Cheese Tart)... this is seriously so GOOD! Definitely MUST VISIT when in Osaka!