Activity Hotel Xoai, 93 Mau Than, Xuan Khanh, Ninh Kieu,Can Tho Published on: 29-04-2016
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Cantho Food Tour is special ?
+ Minimum of 3 participants.
+ A walk through some of the upcoming locations in Can Tho city
+ Absolutely local street food
+ Locally produced beer and freshly-made fruit drinks
+ The Mekong city life through the eyes of a local
+ Cultural stories on the corners we pass
+ Interesting facts about the food we eat
+ Meeting other international travelers and locals
What to explore at Cantho Food Tour?
- We start the tour at Nguyen Viet Hong street where we get a deep fried fish tofu stick and beef snack balls (7.000VND).
- We continue to De Tham, a popular food street, where we eat “Banh Cong” (10.000 VND), a Can Tho traditional pie cake made from a mixture of green beans, little shrimp and minced pork, which is steamed and then deep fried in a flour dough.
- At the next location we try “Nem Nuong” – pork BBQ rolled up in rice paper with rice noodles, lettuce, thin banana slices, Asian basil, mint, pineapple, coriander, fresh herbs and leaves. This is a really healthy street food option, that you can dip in a yummy sweet-spicy sauce (18.000 VND/portion).
- If you are getting thirsty, do not worry. We will right away stop by a pub in Huynh Cuong Street and enjoy an extra-large jug of “Phong Dinh” beer (36.000 VND/2L), the locally produced beer named after the historic name of Can Tho city.
- Arriving at the riverside, a friendly lady, known by the Can Tho youth since their childhood, “Di map” (Jie map), will make us the most yummy sticky rice. It is made with different ingredients that result in yellow or pink color and served with dried coconut on top (6,000 VND). And definitely a top experience! Here you will also see small stalls selling different varieties of hand grilled dried seafood and rice snacks.
- We will end our evening excursion at a street cafe in the quay area with a fresh smoothie made from fruits of the delta (15.000 VND). We join the students sitting on small chairs along the street drinking new style Hanoi ice tea, Vietnamese Ice Coffee “Ca Phe Da” or the Vietnamese street version of bubble milk tea “Tra Sua Tran Chau”.
- Englisg guide
Hotel Xoai, 93 Mau Than, Xuan Khanh, Ninh Kieu,Can Tho