Activity Me Linh Point Tower, Suite 2105, No 2 Ngo Duc Ke Street, Ho Chi Minh City Published on: 02-06-2017
|08:00 AM - 04:15 PM|
|First-time visit Second-time visit|
|Car Rental Boat|
|Highlight of the city|
Cultural & Theme
Can Gio Forest Tour is good for
- Highly recommended by fellow travellers.
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Can Gio Forest Tour is special ?
Your scenic speedboat journey will take you from the heart of Saigon to the dense riverside jungles of idyllic Can Gio, via the verdant green canals of the Mekong Delta.
At the gateway to the Mekong Delta, you will stop at a lively local riverside market, where you can absorb all the colors, sounds and aromas of this fertile region.
Once we depart the Delta, the surrounding landscapes of emerald water palms give way to the tall mangrove forests of the Unesco Biosphere Reserve.
During the Can Gio Forest tour, you will explore Giant Bat Lagoon by rowing boat, visit a crocodile reserve, trek through mangrove jungle, meet monkeys and enjoy a spot of bird watching. Your Les Rives chef will serve a traditional Vietnamese lunch.
- Pick up your hotel
- A light breakfast of pastries or sandwiches, tropical fruit and Vietnamese coffee (ca phe sua da) is served
- Visit Can Giuoc Market
- The surrounding landscape will begin to change from lush riverside water palms to dusky mangrove swamps as you move from the Delta towards Can Gio Forest.
- Trekking through the mangrove jungle.
- Enjoy a delicious traditional Vietnamese
- Arrive in Vam Sat Eco Park
- Depart Can Gio’s mangrove jungles for Saigon
What to explore at Can Gio Forest Tour?
- 8:00am: Your guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel and bring you by car to our boat at Saigon’s central pier, Bach Dang.
- 8:15am: You boat will depart Saigon for the lush, green tributaries of the Mekong Delta. A light breakfast of pastries or sandwiches, tropical fruit and Vietnamese coffee (ca phe sua da) is served.
- 8:45am: Visit Can Giuoc Market, a bustling local riverside market at the gateway to the Mekong Delta. Great photo opportunities!
- 9:45am: At around this time, the surrounding landscape will begin to change from lush riverside water palms to dusky mangrove swamps as you move from the Delta towards Can Gio Forest.
- 10:00am: Arrive at the Giant Bat Lagoon and explore gently by rowing boat, before trekking through the mangrove jungle.
- 12:00pm: Enjoy a delicious traditional Vietnamese lunch at a private riverside location, including the Mekong Delta speciality, Elephant Ear Fish.
- 01:00pm: Arrive in Vam Sat Eco Park, where you will visit a crocodile reserve (and feed them if you wish!) and see monkey in their natural habitat, as well as enjoy crab fishing and bird-watching for exotic local and migratory species. You can also enjoy another mangrove jungle walk.
- 03:00pm: Depart Can Gio’s mangrove jungles for Saigon.
- 04:15pm: Arrive back Saigon’s central pier. Les Rives’ staff will take you back to your hotel by car.
Please note that due to the individual nature of the tours, times are approximate and can vary slightly.
- Breakfast, lunch
- Unlimited refreshments and local fruit
- English-speaking guide
- All entrance fees and hotel pick-up/drop off.
Me Linh Point Tower, Suite 2105, No 2 Ngo Duc Ke Street, Ho Chi Minh City