Activity My Thanh Village, Giong Trom District , Ben Tre , Vietnam Published on: 17-11-2015
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Ben Tre Day Tour is special ?
- Rach Mieu bridge
- Enjoy the lush surroundings of rice paddies and fruit farms alongside the narrow village roads.
- Visit at the coconut processing,
- You will start a Bicycle trip around Phong Nam village
- Rice noodles factory “hu tieu”
- Visit at Mrs. Huong’s home
- Enjoy the tropical fruits and honey tea
- Enjoy your 5 course lunch
- Enjoy the crispy rice paper made by his wife, and see how it is made.
What to explore at Ben Tre Day Tour?
At 8.00am, depart for a 1.5 hour drive from Saigon to Ben Tre, one of the country's southern provinces, situated in the Delta of the Mekong River. Take in the highway as you leave behind the busy city. Pass Rach Mieu bridge before reaching Huu Dinh hamlet. Get on a tri-motor cycle (xe loi) ride to enjoy the lush surroundings of rice paddies and fruit farms alongside the narrow village roads.
Arrive at the waterfront, board the charming Mango Cruise for a glimpse at the Delta scenery while enjoying coconut juice. First stop for a visit at the coconut processing, then back to your cruise and the cruise will stop at a brick making shop, where the locals still use centuries-old traditional methods to make the bricks by hand where you will start a Bicycle trip around Phong Nam village around 4km, through gardens and stop at the a rice noodles factory “hu tieu”, one of most popular breakfast dishes in the region .Walk about 3 minutes to visit at Mrs. Huong’s home. Her family live on fishing, shrimp and farming. Enjoy the tropical fruits and honey tea in her garden before taking the rowing sampan , be paddled by a personalized rower trip to discover the maze of small canals.
Then rowing you back to your mango boat and head to Mango home restaurant, enjoy your 5 course lunch and freshen up before switch to a bicycle and ride 500m About 4 minutes( or 7-10 minutes walk) on village roads past green gardens and local houses, and stop at another local house of Mr Sau Tuong, a former Vietcong soldier who survived two years fighting the Khmer Rouge in Phnom Penh. Now he and his wife live on making rice paper which is the most famous specialty of My Long village. Have a chat with him and enjoy the crispy rice paper made by his wife, and see how it is made.
After the visit, the boat will be waiting for you at the pier nearby to bring you back to Ben Tre city where your car will be ready to take you back to Saigon.
5 course lunch:
- Chicken rice noodle sour soup with pine apple and tomatoes
- Deep fried Tilapia fillet marinated with lemon grass and turmeric
- Steamed prawn
- Fried noodle with pork, shrimp and vegetable
- Chicken curry
- Steamed rice
- Season fruits
- Tet holiday (07,08,09,10 Feb 2016) = +47 USD/boat
- Lunch at Mango home - Tet holiday (07,08,09,10 Feb 2016) = + 7USD/pax
- All prices is for low season ( 04 May 2016 – 30 Sep 2016). Please email us for detailed price on high season ( 01 Oct 2015 – 03 May 2016)
- English speaking guide
- Boat trips as mentioned
- Admission fee to indicated sights
- All activities as mentioned
- Gov’t tax
- Car transfer
- Travel insurance of any kind
- Tip, drinks, personal expenses
- Others services not mentioned
- Meals as mentioned – Set lunch for 250,000 VND/person
My Thanh Village, Giong Trom District , Ben Tre , Vietnam
Ben Tre Day Tour serves Private tour.
(2 - 3 participants.)58.00 USD
(4 - 6 participants.)41.00 USD
(7 - 9 participants.)34.00 USD
(10 - 15 participants.)27.00 USD