Activity 92 Nguyễn Trường Tộ, Phường 3, tp. Vũng Tàu, Bà Rịa - Vũng Tàu, Vietnam Published on: 20-11-2015
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Baria Tunnels and Caves Tour: the shore excursion is special ?
The Baria Tunnels and Caves Tour is available as a shore excursion for passengers off of cruise liners docked at Port Phu My, Vietnam, and as a trip for travellers already on Vung Tau island. If you know your history, then you will know that Baria-Vung Tau province is riddled with deeply historic tunnels. The cruise liner passengers docked at Port Phu My will be delighted to know that there are tunnels at their very doorstep.
Our guests can be underground within 35 minutes of boarding our air-conditioned, wi-fi equipped mini bus. The Baria Tunnels and Caves Tour offers easy access to local, well maintained tunnels which are within minutes of Port Phu My.
The BEST Vietnam tunnel experience is found in Baria.
The tunnels are much longer than the Cu Chi tour.
The people who maintain the local tunnels are the families who dug and used the tunnels.
The Baria tunnels are not flooded with lines of tourists.
The Baria Tunnels and Caves Tour was designed by Guild of Battlefield Tour Guides member Paul Rowe.
What to explore at Baria Tunnels and Caves Tour: the shore excursion?
- The Baria Tunnels and Caves Tour starts with a short drive to view the Vietnamese countryside. Rice fields and small villages flank the road to Long Phuoc village where we find the Long Phuoc tunnels.
- Have a look through the small museum which shows life around Long Phuoc during Indochina War 1 and 2.
- Spend some time underground (if you choose to go underground). The tunnels lead to a life-sized hospital room, bunkers, kitchen and bedrooms.
- Drive to the nearby village of Dat Do to visit the Vo Thi Sau shrine. Vo Thi Sau was a teenage Viet Minh resistance fighter who achieved legendary fame across Vietnam for her exploits against the French.
- Time for FREE coffee and FREE wi-fi. Skype home while sipping coffee or fresh coconut juice!
- Drive up the beautiful Long Hai Mountains to the very historic Minh Dam Secret Zone.
- Take a short walk to a small, but interesting museum about this historic and significant place.
- Visit some (of the many) caves which were used to successfully drive out the French, the Japanese, the French again, the Australians, and the Americans. (There is no need to walk to the caves if you choose not to. There’s still lots to see within walking distance of the bus.) Please note that none of these walks are extreme or difficult.
- After your walk to the caves, have a FREE foot massage.
- Finally we have a delicious, Vietnamese lunch in a Buddhist rest-stop which overlooks historic sites and a lotus lake. FREE beer and soft drinks with lunch.
- But there’s more … FREE a traditional Vietnamese hat decorated by our teenage daughter, Tina.
English speaking guide
92 Nguyễn Trường Tộ, Phường 3, tp. Vũng Tàu, Bà Rịa - Vũng Tàu, Vietnam