Activity 76/2 Moo.2, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand Published on: 09-05-2016
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why 4 Islands Private Speedboat Tour is special ?
- 08.00 Pick up from Krabi Town and Klong Muang
- 08.30 Pick up from Aonang
- 09:00 Depart from the pier at Ao Nang by speed Boat
- 09:30 Depart from pier at Ao Nang by Longtail Boat
- 15.00 Return to Ao Nang
The Four Islands that make up the 4 Island tour are:
- Koh Gai - Translates to Chicken Island, named because, believe it or not, it is shaped like a chicken, from the right angle, it really does!
- Koh Tup - Koh Tup is only a few hundred meters from Koh Gai and, along with Koh Mawr, is linked to Chicken Island by a sand bar that is above the surfaces at low tide. This sandbar is known in Thai as the Talay Whak.
- Koh Mawr - The third in the group, its a small rocky Island with cliffs jutting out of the sea and lush legatation on top..
- Koh Poda - This is another large Island with a coconut plantation at the center. The boats all park at one end of a long beach where you can find toilets and some kiosks selling snacks, mostly thai food like bbq'd chicken and SomTam (papaya salad) and fruit and drinks and icecreams. This part of the beach can get quite busy, but you can walk for about 20 minutes down the beach, its really well worth the walk and you will almost certainly find sections of completely empty beach.
What to explore at 4 Islands Private Speedboat Tour?
- The 4 Island tour also visits Pranang Cave, a cave at the headland near Railay beach where there are many stalactites and stalagmites. The cave is also a sacred place to the sea gypsies in the area and you can see many shrines in there.
- The postcards you have seen of longtail boats moored off a white sand Krabi beach in the crystal clear turquoise waters teaming with brightly colored tropical fish were probably photographed here and it really does look every bit as beautiful. It's difficult to imagine a more tropical image.
- The tour includes rental of a good quality silicone mask and snorkel set per person. Snorkelling is really pretty easy, its just breathing through a tube and even most first timers get the hang of it after a few minutes. Kids really love it, but for younger kids (6-7 and under) it would be adviseable to bring your own mask and snorkel.
- Life jackets are also provided and its fine to take them onto the beach to make the snorkelling even more relaxing, just lie face down and float while all these fish swim around you. How much you will see really depends on the day, the tides and the weather.
- Of all the tours from Krabi and Ao Nang the Krabi 4 Islands tour is the one that we would put at the top of the list. For sightseeing and taking photos its really unbeatable.
- Our most popular Krabi Tour, the Krabi 4 Island boat trips are impossible to beat. No holiday in Krabi would be complete without a spot of Island hopping.
- Each time you visit, you will fall more and more in love with this place. This is what makes touring the Islands of Krabi such a pleasure every time you do it.
- An adequate lunch is provided in the price of this tour making it great value. Recent comments from our customers have given the lunch a good rating. Its nothing really special, but its filling and not too spicy. All meals are suitable for Muslims and there is a vegetarian option on request, just ask when you book.
- Please remember to keep this place as beautiful, you should take any wrappers or rubbish away with you or use the bins provided.
There is nothing like the thrill of a speedboat to add a little adrenalin and glamour to this tour. Lunch and all snorkeling equipment is also included in the speedboat Krabi 4 Island Tour option. There are many different sizes of speedboats. The operators will use the boat that is large enough for their passengers without having too many empty seats. The boat sizes range from 12 to 50 seat. (Please note that operators will not accept Pregnant ladies onto the speedboat trips as it is sometimes bumpy and, although its unlikely, this could cause a problem.)
- Please take care of masks and snorkels and make sure you have them to give back at the end of the tour. Damaged or lost items will be charged for.
- Hotel transfer, insurance, guide, Mask, snorkel and life jacket, Lunch, Fruits and Drinking water.
- Personal service
- Other cost without ours program
- Absolutely Amazing Tour
- Quality trip and exceptional service
- Awesome private hopping tour
- Four Island Tour with Night Snorkelling
- A lifetime experience
76/2 Moo.2, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand
Tips for you
What to bring: Camera, Swimming gear and / or change of clothes, Appropriate footwear (e.g. rubber flip flops or Crocs), Adequate sun protection (cream, glasses hat), Beach towel, Splashproof or waterproof bag, Your own snacks (if required), Infant and young children’s flotation vests (if required).What to bring
Speedboat seating tips: the very front of the boat has the only open air seating, and the only place you will get a decent view; but it is also by far the most bumpy part of the boat. For fewer unpleasant thumps, sit at the rear of the boat. Never choose to sit in the middle section of a large speedboat; you will see virtually nothing at all. The side benches give you the option of kneeling up and looking out, not the most comfortable, but better than nothing).Other