Activity 2-3-11 Higashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa, Tokyo Published on: 01-07-2016
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why 1-Day Nikko World Heritage Tour is special ?
1. Enjoy a visit to Nikko Toshogu Shrine, a registered World Heritage Site.
2. Visit Kegon Falls, counted among the greatest waterfalls in Japan. (*Excluding certain tour dates. See Remarks #1)
3. Travel around efficiently to famous sightseeing spots in Nikko.
Cherry blossoms blooming season: Mid-April to the end of April
Free unlimited Wi-Fi on the tour bus. Enjoy experiencing the nature and long history of Nikko
What to explore at 1-Day Nikko World Heritage Tour?
07:30 - 08:30 Pick-up Service
This tour can be joined from various meeting points mainly located at major hotels throughout Tokyo.
09:00 - Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal (160 min)
Depart from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal and head to Nikko by bus.
(Metropolitan Expressway, Tohoku Expressway, Nikko Utsunomiya Road)
Nikko Toshogu Shrine (100 min)
Tour the UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for its lavish decorations, ornate details, and five structures categorized as National Treasures of Japan, and an additional three categorized as Important Cultural Properties. This 400 year old shrine houses the remains of Edo period's founder, Ieyasu Tokugawa. Enjoy seeing the traditional beauty of the main hall, as well as the sleeping cat and 3 monkey carvings.
*Note that parts or all of Yomeimon Gate may be obscured due to repair activity.
Enjoy a Japanese-style lunch.
Lake Chuzenji (10 min)
Created by an eruption of Mt. Nantai, this lake is a symbol of Nikko.
Kegon Falls (30 min)
Known as one of Japan's 3 great waterfalls, Kegon Falls towers an impressive 97 meters and gushes water from Lake Chuzenji.
19:00 - 19:30 Shinjuku
This tour disbands upon arrival near Shinjuku Station West Exit. Please head to your next destination on your own after the tour.
19:30 - 20:00 Ginza
This tour disbands upon arrival at Sukiyabashi Intersection in Ginza. Please head to your next destination on your own after the tour.
1. Heavy traffic due to colored leaves is expected every year on Irohazaka Winding Road from Oct. 10 to Nov. 8. Therefore, Kegon Falls and Lake Chuzenji will not be visited during this period. In such cases, one of the following will be visited instead of Kegon Falls: Taiyuuin Mausoleum at Rinno-ji Temple, Futarasan Shrine, Kirifuri Falls, or Tamozawa Imperial Villa. (2016: Oct. 11 to Nov. 6)
2. The alternative plan outlined in Remark #1 above may be used even outside of the designated period due to road conditions or other reasons. No refunds will be issued as a result of location changes.
3. The temperature will be colder than Tokyo. On tours from autumn to spring, please bring a coat and other warm clothing.
4. The tour will walk up and down steps and hilly paths at Nikko Toshogu and Kegon Falls. Be sure to wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
5. As the tour uses a bus for the entire itinerary, arrivals at each site may be delayed due to traffic.
6. An earphone guide will be provided to each participant at Nikko Toshogu. However, this may not apply if there are less than 15 participants.
7. A fee of JPY 10,000 may be incurred if an earphone guide is lost or damaged.
8. (V): Optional meal menus are available for a vegetarian meal, a wheat-free meal, and a soy-bean-free meal.
9. Yomeimon Gate may be obscured due to repair activity.
10. If the minimum number of participants is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
11. If the number of participants is 35 or less, seats on the bus may not be assigned.
- English-speaking guide
- Admission to Nikko Toshogu Shrine
- Other admission fees and transportation costs included in the tour
2-3-11 Higashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa, Tokyo
1-Day Nikko World Heritage Tour serves Private tour.
(2 - 10 participants.)1.45 USD